Gartcairn Juniors 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

Gartcairn v Carluke in the Scottish last 16. Some people say it's a good draw but I disagree. They are on a great run and on paper it's a draw we have a chance of winning but personally I would have loved to entertain a kelty or Linlithgow in Airdrie.

we would love to move the game to a Friday night under the lights at the excelsior (AIRDRIE's ground). 

Carluke will be difficult but what a chance for a 2nd division club to be in the last 8. 

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Ryso Mac said:

Hey hey the boy miller is back!

digging me up yet went hiding when I questioned him the other night!

great draw for the lads at Gartcairn a winnable tie. Sure the wee man will have them fired up for it 

Big Brother was on Ryso !

22 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

Gartcairn v Carluke in the Scottish last 16. Some people say it's a good draw but I disagree. They are on a great run and on paper it's a draw we have a chance of winning but personally I would have loved to entertain a kelty or Linlithgow in Airdrie.

we would love to move the game to a Friday night under the lights at the excelsior (AIRDRIE's ground). 

Carluke will be difficult but what a chance for a 2nd division club to be in the last 8. 

Is this something that could mibby be possible if both clubs agree?? 

31 minutes ago, Gartcairn Army said:

I believe so mate. SJFA would need to agree first but I'm sure if both teams agreed they wouldn't have any issues. 

Interesting.......as home team are use putting the proposal forward?

Sure the Friday night would attract a decent crowd for a what will be a decent game 

2 hours ago, Gartcairn Army said:

I believe so mate. SJFA would need to agree first but I'm sure if both teams agreed they wouldn't have any issues. 

I thought the idea was to create an identity. Moving the tie from your home park won't help that.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I thought the idea was to create an identity. Moving the tie from your home park won't help that.

Exactly and why not just enjoy the occasion at your home ground. Everything about gartcairn screams of wanting to be billy big time constantly and I even read them saying they wish they got a big club rather than Carluke. 

Do they honestly think that Carluke see gartcairn as big time and maybe they should go about their business quietly for a change and respect opponents . 

In fairness her that I think that's maybe come across the wrong way, in no manner would we disrespect Carluke, I'd imagine most teams would've looked at us and Carluke as the underdogs in the draw, the teams the rest wanted to get as they would see us as easier opposition. What Gartcairn army was going on about was getting a big team , it would help get us noticed in airdrie and might get us some extra support, that's all that was in it.

Well said Hertha.

Personally feel the Gartcairn committee should be proud of what they have/are doing building up a junior club, but should step back from repeatedly jumping into tit for tat arguments on p&b.

The job they do raising funds to attract/pay players at this level should be commended & they are entitled to want results for their hardworking & financial outlay. But I think from day one their personal ego's have been more what people who read this forum will associate & identify the club with, rather than the team itself.

If I was a Gartcairn fan, I'd be annoyed if the game was taken away to the Excelcior Stadium, a good crowd & atmosphere in a tight ground on Scottish Cup day is one of the things that make junior football special.

Guys just to be clear, i totally respect carluke and we will defo be playing this game at MTC Park. We have played Carluke twice this season and again on Saturday so my point about a big club coming to Airdrie was not a dig at Carluke. I would just have liked to see the Airdrie public see what a big attraction junior football is and a big club on a Friday night at the Excelsior stadium would have achieved that.

If we did get a bigger club at home, chances are we would not be allowed to play at MTC Park as our capacity is around 500. Im not sure but i think a bigger club would maybe bring a large support added to our maybe 100 or so therefore we would need to move the game. Moving it to a friday night would attract even more i think.

No matter what i am delighted to be in the last 16 and ive no doubt Carluke will be rubbing their hands at the draw as its a huge chance for both clubs to get to the last 8..

On 2 February 2017 at 08:18, S.Irvine said:

Well said Hertha.

Personally feel the Gartcairn committee should be proud of what they have/are doing building up a junior club, but should step back from repeatedly jumping into tit for tat arguments on p&b.

The job they do raising funds to attract/pay players at this level should be commended & they are entitled to want results for their hardworking & financial outlay. But I think from day one their personal ego's have been more what people who read this forum will associate & identify the club with, rather than the team itself.

If I was a Gartcairn fan, I'd be annoyed if the game was taken away to the Excelcior Stadium, a good crowd & atmosphere in a tight ground on Scottish Cup day is one of the things that make junior football special.

Exactly and you don't see whittletts for example shouting from the rooftops to play a 5th round Scottish cup tie at somersett park on a Friday night  if for example they " only " drew a team like Lugar . 

I honestly don't see gartcairn attracting thousands if they switched the game to Airdrie on a Friday night , they're a junior club and play the tie at their junior ground . 

Carluke 3-2 Gartcairn
Ht 3-0
Game of two halves, we looked all over the place in the first half and deservedly down by three and lucky not to be down by more.
Second half it was like a different team,went 442 and quickly got a goal back, had most of the possession but failed to take chances. Got the second Ten to go but failed to convert the chances again

Archived