West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasnt filming at it as I was going sumwhere straight after game and didnt want to be carting equipment about with me

Reading between the lines, not a good enough game to film??

How is it not? I film games as and when I can, Wouldnt have mattered who we were playing on Sat I wouldn't have been filming for the reason above. Instead of looking for reasons that arent there 'between the lines' just look at whats actually being said

13 hours ago, Stants1902 said:

How is it not? I film games as and when I can, Wouldnt have mattered who we were playing on Sat I wouldn't have been filming for the reason above. Instead of looking for reasons that arent there 'between the lines' just look at whats actually being said

Big yin knew it wiz gonny be 0..0:thumsup2

Lanark 2 Carluke 1

An important game in the promotion hunt. The proverbial game of 2 halves. Lanark quick out the blocks and had 3 excellent chances inside 2 minutes which they spurned. However we fully deserved our 2-0 ht lead with goals from Burns and Kerr.

DD missed a good early chance when through on the keeper and then we proceeded to have as poor a 40 minute spell as I can remember. A better team would have put us to the sword. No doubt our keeper Gareth Halford saved us today. Lost count of the number of excellent saves, blocks and critical catches that he had. A free kick beat him on 72 minutes but, just like against Gartcairn in the Scottish, Carluke's shooting from reasonable positions around the box was wayward.

Great to see Lanark grinding out results when it matters. Done it a few times this season which is a quality we have not possessed for some time.

Credit to John Renwick and Gary Gow who both played really well against us today.

5 games to go.

Gartcairnjuniors beat 4-2 today at home to vale of leven

My take on the game, we were on top, three mistakes and a breakaway, all finished well especially the third goal.
Our first was a belter with young josh stating and finishing it, second was a penalty, a soft penalty at that but young josh took it and scored.

Had to leave at 65 mins so don't know how the rest played out although score remained the same

Next week away to Linlithgow rose in the quarter finals of the Scottish junior cup, absolutely gutted to be missing it but I'm vegas bound.
Wish the gaffer and the boys all the best , we are rightly massive underdogs but it's a cup game do anything can happen.
Regardless enjoy the occasion

Congrats to Vale Of Leven today who had some excellent banter with the home supporters. Other than the result it was a very enjoyable day and special mention to number 7 who had 11 fouls and still never got booked lol great achievement. 

All the best for the season lads

By my calculations Pt Glasgow have taken 8 points from a possible 24 in 2017. That is quite a spectacular loss of form.

We won't know who is going up for quite some time as EK won't be finishing their fixtures any time soon.

47 minutes ago, bc57 said:

By my calculations Pt Glasgow have taken 8 points from a possible 24 in 2017. That is quite a spectacular loss of form.

We won't know who is going up for quite some time as EK won't be finishing their fixtures any time soon.

By my reckoning, unless I'm wrong and I frequently am! so feel free to correct me , thats the Shire 2 points from promotion after todays results.

Only 3 other teams can match their points but Dunipace still have to play East Kilbride twice so at least one of them will drop some points.

Current Points = Maximum Points

Dunipace=19=46

East Kilbride Thistle=13=52

Glasgow Perthshire=45=51

Lanark United=31=46

If Pace win both then both they and EK would still need to win every other league game to get to 46 points and whilst that could happen the odds are probably very slim, especially as EK are likely to be playing Sat, Mon, Wed, Sat, Mon, Wed for a month. If EK take anything from the Pace then that's the Shire up.

Realistically, but lets be clear at this point that its not 100% mathematically certain yet, that's the Shire up right now and with their games left being against EK and Lanark they can wrap it all up themselves with 1 win and also secure promotion with 2 draws (which will also probably win them the title).

9 hours ago, drs said:

By my reckoning, unless I'm wrong and I frequently am! so feel free to correct me , thats the Shire 2 points from promotion after todays results.

Only 3 other teams can match their points but Dunipace still have to play East Kilbride twice so at least one of them will drop some points.

Current Points = Maximum Points

Dunipace=19=46

East Kilbride Thistle=13=52

Glasgow Perthshire=45=51

Lanark United=31=46

If Pace win both then both they and EK would still need to win every other league game to get to 46 points and whilst that could happen the odds are probably very slim, especially as EK are likely to be playing Sat, Mon, Wed, Sat, Mon, Wed for a month. If EK take anything from the Pace then that's the Shire up.

Realistically, but lets be clear at this point that its not 100% mathematically certain yet, that's the Shire up right now and with their games left being against EK and Lanark they can wrap it all up themselves with 1 win and also secure promotion with 2 draws (which will also probably win them the title).

IF your calculations are correct then it is possible for Lanark to still win the league by winning all of their remaining 5 games and Perthshire also losing to EK. 

Possible but unlikely although more likely than either EK or Dunipace to win every one of their remaining games. Would be delighted if we were to finish runners up given that we had 3 points from a possible 12 at the start of the season.

Archived