West Central Division 2 season 2016/17

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Ryso Mac said:

for me it's between Wee Davie and Keiran mcguiness. 

7 cvs in so far I believe and the above 2 are in that 7

RRM will have a permanent stawner if Kieran gets it wld be a great appointment 

Cvs....lot of pish its about managing a team not flying to the moon...if all these applicates had great cvs they wouldnt be applying for gartcairn..pick who u think will take the club forward..end of story..no cos i have been at 85 clubs..played here there everywere....cheers cotter

for me it's between Wee Davie and Keiran mcguiness. 
7 cvs in so far I believe and the above 2 are in that 7
RRM will have a permanent stawner if Kieran gets it wld be a great appointment 

Ryso for a man that is normally in the know you are miles out with big Kiery. There is absolutely no way the big man is leaving Shotts to go to Gartcairn and that is no disrespect to Gartcairn in anyway. From speaking to him he is enjoying his job at Shotts.

• 3 weeks later...

LANARK 2 EK1

Not a great game. Lanark went in 1 up at ht after a scrambled goal from a corner by Faughan.  EK equalised in 2nd half through a penalty which was a shocking decision by the ref. EK bench agreed with us!

EK missed a 2nd pen, which I thought was warranted but those close by insisted it was another poor decision.

Kieran McGurk scored our winner in 88th minute with a very well worked goal.

Both keepers had some excellent saves. Our signing of Gareth Halford from Newmains is has made a massive difference to us.

Newmains 2 LANARK 3

We were poor today. Newmains started very well and had us under major pressure in the first few minutes and could easily have scored.  Lanark went one up just after the half hour through Kieran McGurk but only held the lead for 4 minutes.

2nd half we missed a penalty - keeper had a relatively simple save from Cameron Lawson and then Newmains broke upfield and scored with a delightful chip on 61 minutes. A double substitution followed and David Bannerman equalised on 73 minutes after excellent work down the left flank by Ronan Kearney.

Lanark finished the stronger and Sean Gallagher sealed the 3 points deep into injury time with a composed finish.

Newmains have some good young players. We are a stronger team for having signed Gareth Halford and DD from Newmains.  

Great game football today in our match vs Carluke game had everything so well done both teams could work out a decent point for us against a form team especially coming back from 4-2 and 5-4 down all the best to Carluke for the rest of the season . hopefully we manage to get a few players back from injury for a massive game away to the port next week

We've put ourselves in a good position after todays win although theres still a lot of work to be done to gain promotion.
Shire vs Carluke game sounds like a cracker...

Yeah port in great position massive favourites for sat and the league now win on sat think yous will have wrapped the title up

Wow good to see Jordan have a great game. Hoose legend. Missing another in defence Kev Ross hoose legend. How many long balls beat use today shambles. We played them in the Scottish this year the ants [emoji220]. And was impressed with one player. Guess who although we beat them 5 0. Few chubby boys playing with use only one that tried for me was the baldy boy in midfield.

Pt Glasgow 0 Perthshire 3

Very poor performance from the home side today. Perthshire well deserving of their victory.

Not a great game. Pt Glasgow barely had a shot at goal. Think first effort of note was at 0-3 and with less than 10 minutes to go. 

Perthshire have a good defence, particularly the centre backs.

On 13/01/2017 at 00:04, kevinmfc said:

Wow good to see Jordan have a great game. Hoose legend. Missing another in defence Kev Ross hoose legend. How many long balls beat use today shambles. We played them in the Scottish this year the ants emoji220.png. And was impressed with one player. Guess who although we beat them 5 0. Few chubby boys playing with use only one that tried for me was the baldy boy in midfield.

Yep can't disagree mate. Missing a few and on that performance will struggle to compete for promotion. Time will tell

LANARK 0 Pt Glasgow 0

Lovely day. Very poor fare from both teams and no half time pies!!

Both teams hit the bar with decent headers from a corner. Pt Glw keeper had a glorious save tipped a great shot onto bar and over, for which the ref gave a goal kick.

Couple of scrambles at each end and that was that.

Hard to believe these teams were 3rd and 2nd respectively before kick off.

Archived