Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, dafcburty said:

I will maybe do a follow up with him in the future on that side of things. He was on his lunch break so I had a limited amount of time to speak to him and I wanted to cover all 3 teams plus his tenure at Annan so far too. Will definitely keep it in mind for a follow-up though. Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated. 

I keep fluctuating between he's being sarcastic here and he's not. Feel free to put my mind at rest.

10 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

I keep fluctuating between he's being sarcastic here and he's not. Feel free to put my mind at rest.

I am genuinely not being sarcastic. Appreciate the comments and will take them on board to maybe do a follow-up interview with Kevin about as I've had a couple of people say the same thing to me about his musical interests etc so I appreciate your feedback. 

ETA' sorry if my reply came across as sarcastic, wasn't my intention. My apologies for any misunderstanding. 

Edited by dafcburty

35 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

I am genuinely not being sarcastic. Appreciate the comments and will take them on board to maybe do a follow-up interview with Kevin about as I've had a couple of people say the same thing to me about his musical interests etc so I appreciate your feedback. 

ETA' sorry if my reply came across as sarcastic, wasn't my intention. My apologies for any misunderstanding. 

No problem. Thanks for clarifying. It was the addition of the last bit that made me think as I'd asked a question rather than given direct feedback. You come over as a decent poster which is why I was a bit surprised!

It's a good informative read actually. More personal content than the usual player interviews. Well done on getting it all and for Kevin to give up his time for an obviously frank chat. Shall look forward to Vol 2 and were it all went wrong with the guitar. 8)

Always liked Rutkiewicz as a player and glad to read he has fond memories of his time at saints. Thanks for posting that and the one you posted a while back with Chris Millar. Always good to read in depth interviews with players past and present. 

Edit: If you can get one with Romain Habran - angle may be what it's like to trial in Scotland as a foreign player or something- I'll be forever grateful :wub: 

Edited by Kyle

Where Are They Now?: Kevin Rutkiewicz
https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/07/16/where-are-they-now-kevin-rutkiewicz/
Interview with former Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Dunfermline defender. Kevin looks back on his career and tells us where he is now. 

Have to say, I'm really enjoying all these articles you're pumping out, and not just the Saints ones, it's great to get a real insight into the life of players throughout the divisions.

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

No problem. Thanks for clarifying. It was the addition of the last bit that made me think as I'd asked a question rather than given direct feedback. You come over as a decent poster which is why I was a bit surprised!

It's a good informative read actually. More personal content than the usual player interviews. Well done on getting it all and for Kevin to give up his time for an obviously frank chat. Shall look forward to Vol 2 and were it all went wrong with the guitar. 8)

Sorry again if it came across as sarcastic or anything like that, as I said, it wasn't my intention so my sincerest apologies for my message conveying the wrong tone. 

I genuinely do appreciate people's feedback and opinions. If there's enough demand for an interview about Kevin's musical career (which there seems to be from the comments I've received) then I'll try get it arranged. 

Thanks again,

Burty. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have to say, I'm really enjoying all these articles you're pumping out, and not just the Saints ones, it's great to get a real insight into the life of players throughout the divisions.

Thanks, really appreciate the kind words. 

If there's anyone you (or any other poster for that matter) has in mind for one of these then don't hesitate to let me know. 

I can't guarantee I'll be able to get the interview organised but I would certainly attempt to arrange it. 

Cheers,

Burty. 

6 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Thanks, really appreciate the kind words. 

If there's anyone you (or any other poster for that matter) has in mind for one of these then don't hesitate to let me know. 

I can't guarantee I'll be able to get the interview organised but I would certainly attempt to arrange it. 

Cheers,

Burty. 

George O'Boyle?

1 hour ago, dafcburty said:

Sorry again if it came across as sarcastic or anything like that, as I said, it wasn't my intention so my sincerest apologies for my message conveying the wrong tone. 

I genuinely do appreciate people's feedback and opinions. If there's enough demand for an interview about Kevin's musical career (which there seems to be from the comments I've received) then I'll try get it arranged. 

Thanks again,

Burty. 

Don't worry. No probs. :thumsup2

I'm not sure if there's enough there for a full musical article but it's certainly worth asking a couple of questions about it in a follow up interview. I remember hearing him on the radio a few years ago...Hawksbee & Jacobs it could have been...singing and talking about it. I think he hoped something would come for him music wise but obviously it didn't. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

If you're struggling to locate him, he drinks in the Royal.

Is he round? I always thought he'd be the type to quickly pile it on when he stopped playing.

Watched o'Reilly's development since I watched him play for the under 15s. stood out like a sore thumb. Can't be arsed looking but sure I posted at the time about how excited I was about him. Rare but he is comfortable on both wings. I know from speaking to one of the current first team players and they have been raving about him ever since he started training with the first team. Also mentioned there is about 6 or 7 really excellent prospects now made the step up from under 16/17 to now first team/development squad. Finally the hard work and investment into the clubs youth policy hopefully starting to show shoots of growth.

How to keep someone's head level. Saturday play against Sunderland. Sunday play against Vale of Earn.
What did you do this weekend?751fe696342556d16340fe5c96ebda8b.jpg

Was that Sunderland's first team you pumped?

If so, not that friendlies mean much, but considering some of their fans' comments about wanting a manager from a 'pub league', maybe a wee troll on their forum is required.

Just now, tarapoa said:

Was that Sunderland's first team you pumped?

If so, not that friendlies mean much, but considering some of their fans' comments about wanting a manager from a 'pub league', maybe a wee troll on their forum is required.

They played the first half with their full strength, first 11 side. We absolutely strolled it. I'd be very worried if that was my team, very very worried.

59 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

They played the first half with their full strength, first 11 side. We absolutely strolled it. I'd be very worried if that was my team, very very worried.

The second half subs looked better than the team we played first half. I don't think 3-0 flattered us to be honest.

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The second half subs looked better than the team we played first half. I don't think 3-0 flattered us to be honest.

Totally. I thought the Sunderland highlights were quite funny, they struggled to put 3 minutes of footage together and they missed their best chance. Quite apt really.