Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'm presuming the paper stories of us given permission to speak to Storey were a bit premature.

Surely if he was on the verge of leaving for Perth or whoever else he wouldn't have been involved today for Aberdeen?

I think Rooney is injured just now. Once he's fit and Aberdeen get their new striker, he'll probably end up the one who's available for others. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'm presuming the paper stories of us given permission to speak to Storey were a bit premature.

Surely if he was on the verge of leaving for Perth or whoever else he wouldn't have been involved today for Aberdeen?

We've spoken to a number of individuals all of whom are with their clubs at present. We are waiting on things happening with our top target before we decide on bringing in any other players. Storey is not our top target.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

We've spoken to a number of individuals all of whom are with their clubs at present. We are waiting on things happening with our top target before we decide on bringing in any other players. Storey is not our top target.

Start telling us what you know cunto!

Just now, The Saintee said:

Start telling us what you know cunto!

Nothing new, just the common knowledge stuff. I do however have a nagging feeling we will miss out and end up getting Storey if he hasn't moved by then already.  It is however worth waiting for and taking a chance.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Nothing new, just the common knowledge stuff. I do however have a nagging feeling we will miss out and end up getting Storey if he hasn't moved by then already.  It is however worth waiting for and taking a chance.

Is it really Samaras?

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Storey would be a decent signing,if we're after someone better that would be some signing,hope we get our top target :wub:

This top target could cost us the chance of signing any striker this window, which is a massive risk considering our options as it is. Cummins and Kane yesterday highlighted that, both work like horses and are useful parts of the team, but neither even came close to threatening.

Only player I'd be happy to see us take that risk on would be May. And the only way I see that being realistic is based on an outlandish theory that Neil has gone there with the knowledge of what he can produce, but has found a shadow of the player due to injury. He's not wanting rid of him outright, but wants him loaned out to see how he recovers once he's playing regularly. That would then rely on nobody else offering a better financial deal for the loan. Aberdeen are the only team I've seen linked with him, and they could outbid us without even blinking, only way I see around that is of McInnes doesn't want another attacking player on loan and wants it done permanently, in which case we'd be the best fit. Type of theory you only believe at 10pm on a Sunday.

Why did the saints not get O'halloran in for the European games would have made a difference fecking idiots 

Because Rangers never let him go, our manager said as much in an interview. I'm not sure what you expected us to do about that?

Random without broadcasting the name on here(to avoid alerting others). I think you will agree that taking a bit of a gamble on waiting for "Top Target" is well worth it if it comes off.I think we all know who it is 

I hope it's worth it. MacLean isn't finished, but it's not viable to rely on him as the only 10+ goal a season player this season.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because Rangers never let him go, our manager said as much in an interview. I'm not sure what you expected us to do about that?

so your saying rangers deliberately held him back? everyone knew he had no future at rangers before the season ended

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

so your saying rangers deliberately held him back? everyone knew he had no future at rangers before the season ended

Yes. We tried to get him in May and were told to bolt. Not much we can do about that.