Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Didn't even have the good grace to hold his head in his hands. We need this striker in asap. 

It's a shambles. I'm a defender of his, but he simply cant fail to hit the target. We can't afford to have him and Kane on our books at the same time.

Pretty dreadful. 
Another striking option is crucial.

We need two. Kane and Cummins are absolutely brutal when they have any shooting chance. We're reliant on MacLean who spent the whole game outside the box arguing with folk. It's staggering we've not resolved a problem we've had for about 18 months

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We need two. Kane and Cummins are absolutely brutal when they have any shooting chance. We're reliant on MacLean who spent the whole game outside the box arguing with folk. It's staggering we've not resolved a problem we've had for about 18 months

No chance of two coming in.

Penalty decision was nothing short of incompetence. 

How many times did we pass the ball... For it to be nowhere near a blue shirt. 

Cummins missed his chance yes but there where 7 or 8 others who were nothing other than SHIT tonight. 

Fosters pathetic swing at the ball to launch forward that ended up needing Mannus to stop it with a header, that was Sunday league levels of shit?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Get Cummins in the sea, clean through at 2-0 and he can't even hit the target.

Ando had a clear header from two yards at 1-0 and missed the target, and he was at fault for going to ground at the penalty, but it's ok,he knew that in the dressing room,TW said, he had a nightmare at the third too,not to mention his Ando moment in their half late on,Spoony the only one with pass marks, Muzz was good first half

4 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Ando had a clear header from two yards at 1-0 and missed the target, and he was at fault for going to ground at the penalty, but it's ok,he knew that in the dressing room,TW said, he had a nightmare at the third too,not to mention his Ando moment in their half late on,Spoony the only one with pass marks, Muzz was good first half

Full Stops 0 Commas 8

10 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

If Spoony's the only one with pass marks, why single out one player? I know you hate him, but at least be consistent. Plenty were just as bad or arguably worse than Ando. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

If Spoony's the only one with pass marks, why single out one player? I know you hate him, but at least be consistent. Plenty were just as bad or arguably worse than Ando. 

Because Ando gets away with murder, but point the finger at Cummins or Scobbie or Spoony or Gary McDonald,I don't hate anyone,mum always said I'd rot in hell if I did, I  accept Ando as a Saints standard of player,just like I accept all the others that have a bad day at the office, are you faultless in your profession? We get players of that standard ,and they win and lose as a team,but TW pointed his finger at Ando twice in post match interview, hope he doesn't hate him

seeing as Ando has been made club captain by Wright and has been more or less an ever present for him when he's fit, he clearly doesn't hate him. You attack Anderson at any given opportunity and have done for as long as I can remember posting on forums such as this. He makes the odd mistake, but you have him culpable for a huge number of goals which he can do nothing about. Foster was as bad as Anderson tonight, Shaughnessy made two or three bad errors as well and Easton looked suspect defensively too. 

Whether you like it or not, he's been our best and most consistent defender in the most successful period in our club's history. He's the most decorated player in the club's history and he'll be here for a few more years yet at the very least. When the time does come for him to leave us, I hope we find a player as shit as he's been to replace him. 

Anderson was brutal tonight, was half a second slow to everything. He had no reason to stick a foot in at the penalty, and then missed a sitter, two things that cost us the first goal, which seems to settle our games with Thistle.

I've never ever said he's shit,he's an adequate ch for our level,but I see his flaws more readily,as I'm not blinded by the love in he gets,he was ok on Saturday,, murder against Hartlepool,so if he's decent more often than not,he'll be ok,but Liam Gordon is a better footballer ;)

Liam Gordon's better on the ball, but hes not a better defender. He's just not played enough for folk to realise his flaws.

Can I just ask why everyones moaning about Ando for the penalty. I've not seen it again but it looked like he clearly won the ball?

It didn't look like a penalty, but a player of his experience should know better than to be sticking his foot in there. I'd prefer to him to just shepherd the striker, especially when the referee is performing the way he is.