Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Andrew Driver? Oh my, he'd be a right asset for you guys, did really well with de Graafschap the past couple of seasons culminating in promotion via play-offs in May. Sad to see him leave the Netherlands as he would be a fine player for them in our top tier, but the best of luck to him all the same. Hoping he signs with yous or some other Prem team.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

They also PMd me in between the two posts, for some reason. 

I've got a message on my profile too :lol:

I can't believe Driver is only 30 - feels like he's been around for a long time. If he's still blessed with pace then he'll certainly have the potential to be a good signing for us. I'm still taking it with a pinch of salt as this could just be StandFree03 making his long awaited return to troll us. Still, it's nice to have a signing rumour!

9 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Andrew Driver? Oh my, he'd be a right asset for you guys, did really well with de Graafschap the past couple of seasons culminating in promotion via play-offs in May. Sad to see him leave the Netherlands as he would be a fine player for them in our top tier, but the best of luck to him all the same. Hoping he signs with yous or some other Prem team.

Kyle likes this.

What can we expect from him? Obviously saw him quite a bit when he was at Hearts and briefly at Aberdeen but it's been a wee while since he's played in Scotland.

Thanks to @Mysticmike1234 for the information. Been a quiet summer for Saints so good to hear we are moving forward. Good feedback from @DutchBorderer too and there's little doubt that Driver has been playing a decent level in the Netherlands. Fills a role that is the priority for the manager and would maybe thrive being the "main man" if TW sees him as a Swanson or O'Halloran.

2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Sounds promising. I expect that signing would be greeted with "Templetons better, cheap option yet again" type shite. 

50 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Obviously Kyle and Random have been spotted as our top "influencers" on here. 

understandable IMO. The comment is on my profile for anyone interested

33 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Is templeton still available/ linked with anyone? 

He’s not signed for anyone I don’t think. Looks to me like he’s trying to dodge pre-season before turning up somewhere in this league a la Scott McDonald 

Edited by Kyle

55 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Whats everyones thoughts on the fact its £15 for an adult on Saturday for Midges testimonial? 

I know its Midge but £15 for what effectively is a pre-season game.

I doubt you'd see a huge increase in crowds if it was a fiver. 

Must admit - I'm a bit concerned about the attendance for Midge on Sunday. There doesn't seem to be any buzz at all and £15 for a pre-season game is unlikely to attract a big support from Aberdeen either.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Must admit - I'm a bit concerned about the attendance for Midge on Sunday. There doesn't seem to be any buzz at all and £15 for a pre-season game is unlikely to attract a big support from Aberdeen either.

It's a testimonial for a Morton player who's probably been earning a lot more than most of the support for over 10 years. Forgive me if i couldn't give a f**k.

On the other hand, it's the first time to see the new look squad, all one of them :lol:

So aye count me in.

4 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I think that 15 is a bit steep 10 would have been about right 

Just me who doesn't understand the huge deal about five pounds?