Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kerrs my boy, there'll be posts about me crying about no new contract announcement a few Summers back, enough of your Gordon pish. 

Wouldn't be stunned if this is the season Ando drops out. Can see Kerr and Shaughnessy quite easily as first choice, with Gordon coming in when/if we use a three. 

Big Liam will prove you all wrong, you'll see.

Did we play with a back three today? Tommy's comments over the summer about potentially getting a wide man that can play up front instead of an out-and-out striker maybe suggested a return to 4-5-1.

I also prefer Kerr over Gordon- he seems a bit more rounded. They're both promising though.

Did we play with a back three today? Tommy's comments over the summer about potentially getting a wide man that can play up front instead of an out-and-out striker maybe suggested a return to 4-5-1.

I also prefer Kerr over Gordon- he seems a bit more rounded. They're both promising though.

Nah flat back 4, clear 4-2-3-1 formation with Scougall playing centrally finally! Which is obviously where Wright seems him this season if we’ve brought in Wright and looking for a left sided player too.

19 minutes ago, Widge said:

Nah flat back 4, clear 4-2-3-1 formation with Scougall playing centrally finally! Which is obviously where Wright seems him this season if we’ve brought in Wright and looking for a left sided player too.

What's your thoughts on Kerr/Gordon Widge?

What's your thoughts on Kerr/Gordon Widge?

Gordon’s more solid, but Kerr’s better with the ball at his feet. They could form a pretty formidable partnership, but if Shaughnessy gets back to his form from the season previous, he’s the best centre half we have.

Hope Tony Watt proves me wrong but I really can't see past his reeking attitude. Morgan all over again.

I think it’ll be fine.

He knows this is his last chance.

Morgan treated his spell in Perth as a holiday.

Be a test for the new dressing room, anyway. 

He's not a goalscorer which worries me, but we are desperately needing a striker who's a bit different, and he's certainly that. I highly doubt TW is a manager who'll stand for any of his shite either. 

Driver seems sensible as he can cover on the wing and at full back, which should save us needing to waste time on a left back. 

Happy for us to take a look at Andrew Driver. A trial is always ideal too. He seems to have done well enough wherever he's been.

Tony Watt isn't what I was expecting. I thought the manager would really put his faith in McMillan and Kane and it would be a third choice striker he was looking for. You would be surprised if that was the role Watt was going to fill. I thought he looked decent for Hearts but there are obviously other issues there, as he doesn't have the best of reputations.

3 minutes ago, Dabslayer said:

But, there's still a player there 

How many fans of various clubs have said that since he left Airdrie?

I'm all for giving the boy a chance, Saints are pretty good at that, but in that spell at Hearts he looked finished. We do need a couple of mavericks that can do the unexpected though, worth a gamble for a year.

Driver has talent and I'd snap him up after the first training session. 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

I think it’ll be fine.

He knows this is his last chance.

Morgan treated his spell in Perth as a holiday.

I just think Morgan just isn't very good at football. Tony Watt is good at football and should be no where near a club like ourselves at the age of 24. He has said himself that this is his last chance so he should come to us motivated to do well. If he doesn't, we've got Kane and McMillan who showed up well in stages towards the end of last season and we can try and ship him out.

The Sun article reads like we're offering him a 1 year contract which is probably sensible for both parties. Watt will want to use us as a springboard to bigger things if he does well, we can cut ties after a year if doesn't take what he considers to be his last chance seriously.

Whilst Watt presents a risk, I think Driver is a solid signing and should offer us a bit of pace, guile and consistency from the left which is something we've not had for quite a while.

I'm happy enough to give both players a chance at Saints.

Now if someone can find out what happened to Dean Lyness yesterday that would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

How many fans of various clubs have said that since he left Airdrie?

I'm all for giving the boy a chance, Saints are pretty good at that, but in that spell at Hearts he looked finished. We do need a couple of mavericks that can do the unexpected though, worth a gamble for a year.

Driver has talent and I'd snap him up after the first training session. 

Half the premiership no doubt. As you say if it's just a short term deal there's no harm in it. 

Driver would be a good signing. 

Last chance saloon Watt with a point to prove could be good. Wright isn’t the type of manager to stand by any of his crap though and if he’s got an attitude that won’t wash. We’re good at getting failing players a chance to prove themselves and show what they can really do, I’m thinking the likes of Swanson, guys with clear talent that have maybe lost their way. It’s a gamble, but right now you know what Watt can actually do and if that talent can be harnessed then he’s be an asset. It’s a risk though.