Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I’d agree with you randomguy. Driver signing negates the need for a left back even if the Easton injury is bad again. 

I hope we sign a left winger and a midfielder with decent pedigree as I feel they were (are) more pressing than signing another potential first choice striker. 

Greg Tansey joining another Premiership club before the end of the week. 

Get digging to find out if we're interested. 

Let thy RandomWill be done. 

Very happy with the signing of Tony Watt, for us to get a player of that stature you have to accept a bit of baggage.

Its been mentioned, but Tommy got the best out of other mercurial talents whose careers were stalling, i.e. Swanson, O'Halloran, so well worth a gamble.

When I saw him play for Hearts against us a couple of seasons ago I remember thinking he looked a real threat. He can certainly run with the ball at pace which is something we don't have a lot of.  

Towards the end of at least one game, I do recall Hearts chasing a goal against us and him trying to do everything himself, dropping deeper and deeper to pick the ball up and keeping it far too long, but I'm sure there will be strong enough players around him, not to mention the manager, to get him telt if he's not contributing to the team effort.

Of course it could go either way, but an exciting signing nonetheless. Well done to Tommy and Broon for going for it and getting it done.

A covering goalkeeper, and a quality central midfielder and I'm all aboard Tam's euro express..

Spoiler

Choo choo

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

Mark Russell and Dean Lyness both playing at Berwick as trialists.

That doesn’t strike me as a short term left back option. I am starting to fear for Easton. 

Edited by Kyle

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was he best as part of a two at Blackburn? And was he one of these strikers who like to float about between lines? 

A few of his goals at Charlton seem to be from drifting into wide positions and driving at the gap between full backs and centre halves, which isn't something I remember him doing at Hearts. 

He only made 9 appearences because he got injured as I mentioned earlier and they were all with a strike partner (mainly Danny Graham, so a target man who'll win flick ons and link up the play well). So its hard for me to compare as I haven't really seen him play as a lone striker.

His 2 goals for Blackburn are at the end of this video. First one is a good finish and I like the sharp turn and finish under pressure for the second. 

Interestingly both Wright and Driver have played as wing backs for previous clubs, so I wonder if it’ll be a 3-5-2 formation which would allow McMillan and Kane to get a look in as well. Wright certainly didnt shirk defensive responsibilities against Aberdeen which was good to see.

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

Interestingly both Wright and Driver have played as wing backs for previous clubs, so I wonder if it’ll be a 3-5-2 formation which would allow McMillan and Kane to get a look in as well. Wright certainly didnt shirk defensive responsibilities against Aberdeen which was good to see.

This is exactly what I was thinking, so many options with those players already signed. Add Driver* and maybe another central midfielder and that's plenty imo.

*I'm not sure if that'll happen tbh.

28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Nobody has moaned this week about the new home strips not being out. What a difference one wee tweet makes.

Indeed. Who'd have thought keeping the fans informed would go down well.