Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

Can't go around parading that number and then announce someone other than Stevie May IMO

If we do that then it could mean Shaughnessy is off in the other direction. That would be bittersweet in the extreme.

It's surely going to be O'Halloran.

2 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Can't go around parading that number and then announce someone other than Stevie May IMO

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

See that’s what I’m thinking.....

Can't see it, there's zero point in us loaning him, and we won't have paid a fee for him.

No chance we'd swap for Shaughnessy either surely.

Just now, Kyle said:

If we do that then it could mean Shaughnessy is off in the other direction. That would be bittersweet in the extreme.

It's surely going to be O'Halloran.

Other player linked was Polworth, but can't imagine ICT letting him go a day before a game.

Just now, Mr Heliums said:

I don't see the logic in it either. But if you're a Saints fan, you know the significance of that number. 

Maybe, but they've not been shy about giving players the number since, so not sure they'd see it as a show of that number in particular, more a photo to show someone's signing.

I'm usually wrong though :lol:

Don't want to put a dampener on the tory farmer convention here, but has O'Halloran not been very bad at football since the 2016 League Cup semi final against Hibs?

Not at all. Came back to saints on loan and won is about 10 points in 5 matches. Including setting up a last minute winner at Easter Road. Sure he’s been injured and not had a run of games, but a fit and interested O’Halloran is a threat to any team in this division.

The length of deal should help him not worry or have to think about where he’s going to end up, he can just play football. Which is when he’s at his most dangerous.

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Don't want to put a dampener on the tory farmer convention here, but has O'Halloran not been very bad at football since the 2016 League Cup semi final against Hibs?

We've had him on loan since. He 5 goals in 16 games, despite being injured for the last month.

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

He was with us for 6 months of that and was absolutely fine until he picked up a niggling injury. His goals/assists at the start of the season helped keep us clear of any real relegation trouble too.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Not at all. Came back to saints on loan and won is about 10 points in 5 matches. Including setting up a last minute winner at Easter Road.

I remember that last minute winner, and it was definitely about five Hibs players who set it up.

Edited by HibsFan

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I'm not sure. You'd think we might have noticed  when he was playing for us a year ago. I guess we don't pay much attention.

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I remember that last minute winner, and it was definitely about five Hibs players who set it up.

That'll be the 5 defenders O'Halloran skipped past on his way to the byline.