Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The only people I’ve seen gleefully celebrating this are old firm fans. This is a moronic decision. 

i didn’t expect a response today or tomorrow as likely most operations will be done until the second. However, they can’t ignore the fans feeling. The medias now reporting on it. 

i predict an awkward apology, the blame shifted to the police/Rangers board and a contract extension announcement to try to distract from the rage.

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The only people I’ve seen gleefully celebrating this are old firm fans. This is a moronic decision. 

i didn’t expect a response today or tomorrow as likely most operations will be done until the second. However, they can’t ignore the fans feeling. The medias now reporting on it. 

i predict an awkward apology, the blame shifted to the police/Rangers board and a contract extension announcement to try to distract from the rage.

No one will buy the excuses now though. 

I strongly believe that Saints fans protest this one with their feet. The club need taught a lesson here. 

They've simply written off the experience of their own fans for the sake of appeasing Rangers and making some extra money. 

The club have shown exactly how important their fans are to them really... 

The whole episode is a complete PR disaster. Why was this not thought out that £30 and £20 was not acceptable. For years under 12's have been free for both teams, now £20. 

Whoever decided this should consider whither they are in the right job. Politicians have had to resign for less.

2 hours ago, Broughty said:

The whole episode is a complete PR disaster. Why was this not thought out that £30 and £20 was not acceptable. For years under 12's have been free for both teams, now £20. 

Whoever decided this should consider whither they are in the right job. Politicians have had to resign for less.

One thing I will say is the pricing isn't a Saints decision on it's own. 

If the two clubs can't agree a price its set by the SFA at a set price. Which would have probably been very similar if not the same as the price that has been set. 

Saints can't override anything if Rangers don't agree.

15 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

One thing I will say is the pricing isn't a Saints decision on it's own. 

If the two clubs can't agree a price its set by the SFA at a set price. Which would have probably been very similar if not the same as the price that has been set. 

Saints can't override anything if Rangers don't agree.

That’s a fair point on the pricing - it could have been imposed, or at least Saints were told that’s what would be imposed. The club should come out and say that if it’s the case though - would take some of the heat out of it at least

22 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

That’s a fair point on the pricing - it could have been imposed, or at least Saints were told that’s what would be imposed. The club should come out and say that if it’s the case though - would take some of the heat out of it at least

Yeah that's the issue here. The narrative from Saints has been very submissive towards Rangers and dismissive towards their own fans. 

It might have been the case they wanted it to be cheaper, if so they could/should have done so like United did with Celtic forcing a rip off price last season. I think they're absolutely fine with the price though based on the fact they doubled down on fleecing as much money as possible.

Wondering if the club are going to just try and say nothing and hope it all goes away. 

15 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

-5 in Perth tomorrow morning.  Assume the under soil heating will ensure the pitch is fine for the game?

That could be compounded by the snow we got last night(not sure where you're based). It's melting now but if all the water then freezes it could end up a right mess around the stadium as well 😬 hopefully fine though!

18 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Anyone think the official Saints twitter will post a happy new year tweet?  Cheek if they do tbh

Awfy quiet since that Cup announcement. 

Not sure what time you posted this, but if it was before the bells, I’m laughing. The responses to that tweet are quite funny. 

7 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Yeah that's the issue here. The narrative from Saints has been very submissive towards Rangers and dismissive towards their own fans. 

It might have been the case they wanted it to be cheaper, if so they could/should have done so like United did with Celtic forcing a rip off price last season. I think they're absolutely fine with the price though based on the fact they doubled down on fleecing as much money as possible.

Wondering if the club are going to just try and say nothing and hope it all goes away. 

That could be compounded by the snow we got last night(not sure where you're based). It's melting now but if all the water then freezes it could end up a right mess around the stadium as well 😬 hopefully fine though!

It’s extremely frosty. There’s a patch of the park that gets hardly any sun at this time of year that often causes issues when it’s a hard frost. Hope they’re on it early.

On 30/12/2022 at 20:22, GroundHoppingBear said:

If you can’t sell your tickets to your fans then it’s only right that tickets go to Rangers fans. While Scottish clubs are struggling for money, no one that wants a ticket should be locked out a stadium if they are available.

I Don think you c***s should even be allowed entry to Perthshire, far less McDiarmid. 

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Again no urgency until we’re a goal down. What the f**k did they do over the World Cup break?

Pat themselves on the back, it looks like.