Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

That's Montgomery back confirmed. 

End of the road for Gallacher and Booth.

Definitely Booth, out of contract end of season and can see him being an easy one to move on. I thought he was actually out of contract after last season. 

12 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

🤔

Fans have always had his back, no point reading too much into it. Quite clear he’s wanted out for some time. Just a case of everyone having their own theories as to why. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

On Ballantyne, he probably shouldn’t have gone back to Montrose. A loan to the Championship would’ve been ideal but I guess it’s unfair to moan about that as it’s somewhat outwith the club’s control

Who the club loans our players to, is absolutely not out with their control. It should be someone on staff’s job to be getting players the best moves for their development.

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Definitely Booth, out of contract end of season and can see him being an easy one to move on.

Booth is contracted until 2024 isnt he?

Mahon was probably told he would be starting this season when he signed in January, then found he barely got a chance and was stuck behind 2 players in their 30s and a loanee. You could argue the cup performances didnt earn him a start and that would be fair, but theres a chance hes seen the exact same thing, in terms of players getting little to no chance 6 months after signing, with the likes of Melamed/Vertainen/Bair and decided he couldnt be fucked with that and has just chucked it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Probably just pay him off. Money isn't an issue these days.

It wont be Booth, hes over 30 and one of Callums boys.

We've got a 23yo LWB of our own that we need to give minutes to so he can develop, and instead we're likely about to bump him down to 3rd choice behind a loanee we'll never get permanently and a 31yo who struggles to have an impact without Wotherspoon holding his hand.

Its mental that people are still nodding their head agreeing with his logic.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Booth is contracted until 2024 isnt he?

Mahon was probably told he would be starting this season when he signed in January, then found he barely got a chance and was stuck behind 2 players in their 30s and a loanee. You could argue the cup performances didnt earn him a start and that would be fair, but theres a chance hes seen the exact same thing, in terms of players getting little to no chance 6 months after signing, with the likes of Melamed/Vertainen/Bair and decided he couldnt be fucked with that and has just chucked it.

I could’ve sworn it was this year because I thought he was done after his performance away to Dundee in March, was just so poor, 

Just now, mizfit said:

I could’ve sworn it was this year because I thought he was done after his performance away to Dundee in March, was just so poor, 

He was given a new contract until 2024 in the first half of last season, just a few months after he’d agreed a 1 year deal. 

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

We gave him a 2.5yr deal in November 2021 - https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/callum-booth-signs-new-two-year-deal

- so we're definitely in a situation where we have two LWBs contracted until 2024 and one will be sat in the stands most weeks while we play a loanee whos not even much better than them.

Also, if anyone was in any doubt about Mahons thoughts, hes liked this tweet...

Goalkeepers

Remi Matthews - 2023 - on loan from Crystal Palace

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024 - on loan at Montrose 

Jack Wills - 2024 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2023

Drey Wright - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Alex Mitchell - 2023 - on loan from Millwall 

Liam Gordon - 2024

Andy Considine- 2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Adam Montgomery - 2023 - on loan from Celtic 

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2025

Murray Davidson - 2023

Charlie Gilmour -2023 

Daniel Phillips - 2024

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024

Melker Hallberg - 2023

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 - 

Alex Ferguson - 2023  - on loan at East Fife 

Michael O’Halloran- 2023 

Connor McLennan - 2023 - on loan from Aberdeen  

Graham Carey - 2024

Jamie Murphy - 2023 + 1

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Nicky Clark - 2025

Eetu Vertainen - 2023 + 1 - on loan at Linfield 

Theo Bair - 2024

Taylor Steven - 2023 (?) - on loan at East Fife 

yeah I don’t know either. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Goalkeepers

Remi Matthews - 2023 - on loan from Crystal Palace

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024 - on loan at Montrose 

Jack Wills - 2024 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2023

Drey Wright - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Alex Mitchell - 2023 - on loan from Millwall 

Liam Gordon - 2024

Andy Considine- 2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Adam Montgomery - 2023 - on loan from Celtic 

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2025

Murray Davidson - 2023

Charlie Gilmour -2023 

Daniel Phillips - 2024

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024

Melker Hallberg - 2023

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 - 

Alex Ferguson - 2023  - on loan at East Fife 

Michael O’Halloran- 2023 

Connor McLennan - 2023 - on loan from Aberdeen  

Graham Carey - 2024

Jamie Murphy - 2023 + 1

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Nicky Clark - 2025

Eetu Vertainen - 2023 + 1 - on loan at Linfield 

Theo Bair - 2024

Taylor Steven - 2023 (?) - on loan at East Fife 

yeah I don’t know either. 

throw up true detective GIF

Still waiting for the inevitable extension for Murphy and permanent deal for McLennan.

Cant be far away.

Heads properly gone, in one day we've successfully shafted the long term plan for the defence. We now have no CBs under 27 (Gordon turns that in a few weeks), and our only full backs under that age are Brown and Gallacher. Neither of which are set to play regularly now which leaves question marks over them being starters at any point under Davidson. Means theres a massive chance we'll need to sign an entire defence (bar Gordon), plus a goalkeeper, in the next 4 windows.

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

There’s absolutely no chance that we’ve not tried to keep him, it’s definitely either St Johnstone or Cammy himself that has decided he’s not coming back to Montrose. 

Thanks, I did wonder as he seems to have done really well for you. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Still waiting for the inevitable extension for Murphy and permanent deal for McLennan.

Cant be far away.

Heads properly gone, in one day we've successfully shafted the long term plan for the defence. We now have no CBs under 27 (Gordon turns that in a few weeks), and our only full backs under that age are Brown and Gallacher. Neither of which are set to play regularly now which leaves question marks over them being starters at any point under Davidson. Means theres a massive chance we'll need to sign an entire defence (bar Gordon), plus a goalkeeper, in the next 4 windows.

Re the goalkeeper. Recently I was going on about how Sinclair won't be number 1 next season and another loan on the cards at higher level etc. 

Since then I was told that Sinclair is going to be no1 next season. That's certainly been what either Sinclair himself has been told, if not him directly the senior players in the squad have that understanding from the manager 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Since then I was told that Sinclair is going to be no1 next season. That's certainly been what either Sinclair himself has been told, if not him directly the senior players in the squad have that understanding from the manager 🤷‍♂️

Rumours around Scone were that he wanted reassurances in the Summer that he actually had a pathway at Saints, as our youth system has literally vanished under Davidson (blamed on Covid, somehow), but id be lying if i said how true that is/was.

Id have every belief that Davidson has promised him things without being sure he'll actually deliver though. If he can he'll extend Matthews loan for next season without hesitating even if it broke a promise to Sinclair.

1 hour ago, gingermunkie said:

Who the club loans our players to, is absolutely not out with their control. It should be someone on staff’s job to be getting players the best moves for their development.

Didn’t put that how I meant to tbf. The club obviously do have a certain degree of control but at the end of the day the offers have to be there, regardless if there’s a member of staff trying to get them the best deal

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cant be far away.

And there's every chance that McGowan and Considine do a Frazer Wright and their legs go pre-season.