Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

If I was a player on that pitch I’d be giving exactly what the manager was showing, which for those not at the game was absolutely nothing. No passion, no fight, no instructions, no trying. It’s no wonder the players don’t play for him. Compare that to Livi who fought for every ball, led by Martindale who was kicking every ball. 

I'm going to rant. Sorry. 

I can accept now and again we'll not show up, well struggle, well when play poorly. It happen, you can't just turn up and expect to dominate. 

Effort wasn't even lacking today. I'm happy for you all to tell me I'm wrong? I don't think our issue was commitment etc?

Our issue was our game plan. I think we were out thought and put played?

An incredibly level of thought Livi, in our final third they evidently planned on cutting it back. Well done 👏. Good on them. 

Is it just me or have we spent a shit load of money to end up exactly where we were?

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm going to rant. Sorry. 

I can accept now and again we'll not show up, well struggle, well when play poorly. It happen, you can't just turn up and expect to dominate. 

Effort wasn't even lacking today. I'm happy for you all to tell me I'm wrong? I don't think our issue was commitment etc?

Our issue was our game plan. I think we were out thought and put played?

An incredibly level of thought Livi, in our final third they evidently planned on cutting it back. Well done 👏. Good on them. 

Is it just me or have we spent a shit load of money to end up exactly where we were?

Welcome to what we've been saying for well over a year.

Seems a lot of people have turned today if twitter is anything to go by, probably because of the Flax pas through the week. Club really needs to act as inaction on both Davidson and the rangers ticket fiasco (especially when there seems to be some kind of issue with Wotherspoon) could end up with the club in a very bad place long term. 

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Seems a lot of people have turned today if twitter is anything to go by, probably because of the Flax pas through the week. Club really needs to act as inaction on both Davidson and the rangers ticket fiasco (especially when there seems to be some kind of issue with Wotherspoon) could end up with the club in a very bad place long term. 

Chants aimed at the manager is a new development, don’t recall there being any last season. That tells its own story. 

20 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Seen someone on Twitter saying “Flax” is apparently aware of the fans sentiment now.

I don't know him personally but I do know the view of his peers, many of which are in their early 30's now, some of which were also in their 40's+ as well now. None of them had a negative thing to say about him on the park. 

One individual who is also a direct relative to me did ask me "how the hell did " Flax" get a job like that?"

I dont know him so take that response how you will. 

My view. I didn't email about Davidson before so thought fair play for responding and I still think that credit is worth giving. I also think the Rangers games, he can't reply to everyone so fair enough. 

The decision itself. Shambles.

How do they solve it? They need to listen to someone that knows how the fans will react. 

Will they listen? Will they f**k. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I don't know him personally but I do know the view of his peers, many of which are in their early 30's now, some of which were also in their 40's+ as well now. None of them had a negative thing to say about him on the park. 

One individual who is also a direct relative to me did ask me "how the hell did " Flax" get a job like that?"

I dont know him so take that response how you will. 

My view. I didn't email about Davidson before so thought fair play for responding and I still think that credit is worth giving. I also think the Rangers games, he can't reply to everyone so fair enough. 

The decision itself. Shambles.

How do they solve it? They need to listen to someone that knows how the fans will react. 

Will they listen? Will they f**k. 

The board will do the one thing they can do to salvage some fan support back. 

Throw Callum under the bus. I’m not saying he deserves any more time, but right now I can see them chucking him to try and relieve some of the bad feeling.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The board will do the one thing they can do to salvage some fan support back. 

Throw Callum under the bus. I’m not saying he deserves any more time, but right now I can see them chucking him to try and relieve some of the bad feeling.

The club has already thrown Davidson and the players under the bus to an extent, in that unless we got ahead today, the range from the fans would eventually get directed at the players. Yes, the team is rudderless, but it was never going to take much for the fans to turn after the ticket nonsense.

I actually thought the starting line up looked good on paper and for the first 10 mins felt positive, but as is usually, a soft goal and from that point onwards, you could see the life drain from the team. That's when you need you coaches and tactics to be there and they were lacking. 

Said it many times, but Saints must be so easy to set up against. 

14 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

What is CDs league record at home? 

This isn't @RandomGuy.level stats but I out out there he's won circa 10-14 games. Total at home as manager. 

Which id estimate at 35% ish.

Putting my guess out there early. I m sure someone will share the real stat in detail though

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

20 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

What is CDs league record at home? 

If my maths is correct…

P: 49

W: 13 (26.53%)

Dr: 13

L: 23 (46.93%)

GF: 36 (0.73 p/g)

GA: 50 (1.02 p/g)

Edited by PSJ.84

12 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said: