Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Seen a few boasting on there that they're going 🙃

The worst type, for me.

There will be people going who simply need football for their mental health etc., i know old folk who only ever leave their house for it. Some will want to keep a record of not missing games, while some just wont be able to stay away.

No issue with those people and dont think they should be hounded or ridiculed IMO. The ones who are simply going so they can boast about it and speak down to those who arent, however, feel like fair game as theyre completely missing the point.

The majority, so far, will make sure the club know theyve made a mistake.

McCart’s move to the Championship seems to have gone as expected. Gone on loan to Leyton Orient in League 2 until the end of the season. Orient sitting top of the league and looking pretty likely they’ll at least get promoted. 

For anybody that cares. 

Alistair Blair with a read on our ownership situation.

Hugely worried by mention that Paul Goodwin is interested in the clubs situation and thinks fan ownership could work. He shouldnt be near us.

32 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Wonder when tickets arrangements for Celtic at home on 5th February will be announced?👀

I think we know which way that's going. 

Especially as they'll want to avoid the stick they'll get for the inevitable Daily Record clickbait articles about how they gave Rangers more tickets than Celtic. 

2 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Why would anyone want to subject any under 12's to three stands worth of those mutants spewing their bile is anyones guess 🤔  WTAF??? :rolleyes:

Guy at my work was moaning today about the lack of kids tickets available for rangers(usually) but as you say who in their right mind is taking a kid to a Rangers game?!

11 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think we know which way that's going. 

Especially as they'll want to avoid the stick they'll get for the inevitable Daily Record clickbait articles about how they gave Rangers more tickets than Celtic. 

They’ve made a complete arse of it. No matter what they decide to do they’ll get stick for it. Wankers. 

2 minutes ago, strawman said:

I might be wrong but thought we d too many season tickets to make us give up the East Stand for a league game , that’s why they focussed on the number of season tickets who don’t turn up .

Yeah, my thoughts too. 2.8-3k season tickets holders isn't there? Once you account to hospitality too you'd not have much (any?) room for PAYG tickets.

For me, that's been the most frustrating part of this. It was a very different decision back pre-COVID when we had much less season ticket holders. I'm sure that retaining the east stand for old firm games was even mentioned as a positive after the increase by the club? The post-double cup growth and the frankly astonishing fact that crowds have if anything risen since (up 23% year on year I saw on twitter) should be something to be celebrated and encouraged. Instead they've doused it the first opportunity they've got. The chance here to really push a cup game under the lights, maybe push the fact they've put faith that fans will come, has been totally missed. It's such incredibly short term thinking. 

And I can't even begin to address the (non)reaction from the club since the decision and subsequent fallout. Far too angry. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The worst type, for me.

There will be people going who simply need football for their mental health etc., i know old folk who only ever leave their house for it. Some will want to keep a record of not missing games, while some just wont be able to stay away.

No issue with those people and dont think they should be hounded or ridiculed IMO. The ones who are simply going so they can boast about it and speak down to those who arent, however, feel like fair game as theyre completely missing the point.

The majority, so far, will make sure the club know theyve made a mistake.

Yet you had a go at someone on wap about getting a super fan badge?? So which is it? Not hounded or ridiculed or the contrary?

30 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Yet you had a go at someone on wap about getting a super fan badge?? So which is it? Not hounded or ridiculed or the contrary?

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

So the guy on wap is going just to boast then? That what you’re saying?

Thats how the post i quoted on there came across.

Just now, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Not to me then,I know the guy and Aitchy who he was talking to,sounded like banter between pals? 

Ok.