Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Broughty said:

Any transfer rumours? Surely we must be adding someone? Surely there must be players out as well. All very quite as usual.

None. I can tell you now nothings going to happen unless we blink and panic or Callum goes. That’s what I’m calling.

Just now, Broughty said:

Any transfer rumours? Surely we must be adding someone? Surely there must be players out as well. All very quite as usual.

We surely have to dump some of the deadwood before we can consider making any signings. Davidson has a squad of 33 to pick from and has spent a fortune on fees. 

I’d rather we didn’t waste more money on signings for Davidson tbh. He’s a terrible recruiter yet seems to have a blank cheque to sign who he wants. 

Little bit of discussion on Saints cup ticketing on The Price of Football podcast.

It’s on between 44:10 and 48:50 

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-price-of-football/id1482886394?i=1000595345398

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

1 hour ago, Broughty said:

He spoke about wanting to loan out Dailly, Moreland, Max, and Ballantyne about a week ago. Don't think theres been anything else.

Would guess hes trying to get O'Halloran out the door too.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Cals pal Biscuits said on sportsound when asked about Saints transfers that there will be no incomings at Mcdiarmid. 

Good. He’s has had more than enough support and can make what he already has work. 

Looks like Biscuits was wrong. He’s ‘changed his mind’ about transfers and we might have someone in for the rangers game.  

Given the few weeks we’ve had, it’ll be Leigh Griffiths on a 3 year deal. 

I've been a long time lurker here and WAP but got so fed up with the current situation, I thought I'd join up and have my say. I've posted this on WAP as well.

Normally before a game like Saturday's, I'd be getting more excited about it as the week goes on. This whole situation has left me flat though, even after the statement.

I can't get my head around why they'd agree to this in the first place.

This is a game between the last two winners of the Scottish Cup, and we got home advantage. I can't fathom why'd they'd give that away so cheaply.

Yes money of course, but surely longer term the smart choice would be to keep your regular customers happy.

I know there's money to be made when the old firm come to town but they won't be back week after week, we will. There's surely more money to be made longer term by keeping us happy.

I'm fully behind St Mirren's idea of giving them only one stand. In my view, we should house the away fans in the North Stand and that's it.

No more of this end section of the main stand nonsense either. Anybody who's been hassled by old firm fans aggressively singing their "songs" in the toilets while standing right behind you, clapping their hands only missing the back of your head by millimetres, will know what I'm talking about. They're desperate for a reaction so it can all kick off.

As for the shortfall in cash, a full on, long term marketing strategy would help.

As has been said by others, we should have been bombarded on social media this week with Saints successes over Rangers. Not only the recent games but they could go back to the eighties and the 3-3 game, leaving out the equaliser of course, the 1999 3-1 win, the 4-1 in 2010, there's so much content to use.

We should all be counting the minutes until kick off right now, but I suppose many are like me and a bit meh about it all now. Which is a great shame.

Still, by Saturday teatime, I'm sure the pundits and fans will have annoyed me enough that I'll be right up for it.

13 minutes ago, Gekko said:

I've been a long time lurker here and WAP but got so fed up with the current situation, I thought I'd join up and have my say. I've posted this on WAP as well.

Normally before a game like Saturday's, I'd be getting more excited about it as the week goes on. This whole situation has left me flat though, even after the statement.

I can't get my head around why they'd agree to this in the first place.

This is a game between the last two winners of the Scottish Cup, and we got home advantage. I can't fathom why'd they'd give that away so cheaply.

Yes money of course, but surely longer term the smart choice would be to keep your regular customers happy.

I know there's money to be made when the old firm come to town but they won't be back week after week, we will. There's surely more money to be made longer term by keeping us happy.

I'm fully behind St Mirren's idea of giving them only one stand. In my view, we should house the away fans in the North Stand and that's it.

No more of this end section of the main stand nonsense either. Anybody who's been hassled by old firm fans aggressively singing their "songs" in the toilets while standing right behind you, clapping their hands only missing the back of your head by millimetres, will know what I'm talking about. They're desperate for a reaction so it can all kick off.

As for the shortfall in cash, a full on, long term marketing strategy would help.

As has been said by others, we should have been bombarded on social media this week with Saints successes over Rangers. Not only the recent games but they could go back to the eighties and the 3-3 game, leaving out the equaliser of course, the 1999 3-1 win, the 4-1 in 2010, there's so much content to use.

We should all be counting the minutes until kick off right now, but I suppose many are like me and a bit meh about it all now. Which is a great shame.

Still, by Saturday teatime, I'm sure the pundits and fans will have annoyed me enough that I'll be right up for it.

Just before I read your post I was thinking to myself. "I've felt flat the last few days... 🫤". 

I think it's probably because of this weekend and having nothing to look forward to. Instead I'll be doing house chores (things I probably should have done weeks ago 😬😂) we're heading away up north for the day if it's not crap weather - I'll have a fine time I have no doubt BUT I'm not looking forward to that like I would for a Saturday at the football. 

When the draw was made, wasn't happy about Rangers, meh but when the kick off was moved and not to Sunday lunchtime I though, we could have a day out a bit different from usual etc. The Muirton Suite probably would have got a good few quid out of me. 

I guess this is a long way of saying the whole nonsense has made me feel similar to what you've described! 

I've just admitted I've got no outside football haven't I?! 😬😂😂 It's definitely fucked me off more than it healthily should that's for sure. 

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

Looks like Biscuits was wrong. He’s ‘changed his mind’ about transfers and we might have someone in for the rangers game.  

He wants "more depth and options" when hes got a squad of over 30 players.

At least Hallberg might be back fit soon. I know he’s not been playing well this year (albeit not sure that’s really his fault). But we miss his ability to get around the pitch and track runners in the midfield massively without him. 

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Code for just more shite.

Mad.

This could be the 3rd window in a row hes signed players to try and improve our form, rather than think about what to change tactically to fit the (massive) squad he has.

Presumably it'll be defenders too.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mad.

This could be the 3rd window in a row hes signed players to try and improve our form, rather than think about what to change tactically to fit the (massive) squad he has.

Presumably it'll be defenders too.

With the chairman and owner now not giving a f**k we have Flax and Davidson let loose with the keys and bank card of the club.

Exciting times.

Edited by tree house tam