Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Alistair Blair with a read on our ownership situation.

Hugely worried by mention that Paul Goodwin is interested in the clubs situation and thinks fan ownership could work. He shouldnt be near us.

Worry not, the other person mentioned was Gordon Smith. So that's massively reassuring.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Seems pretty certain that Flaherty just lies every time he opens his mouth these days.

This is now a bigger problem than this one game.

The claim they made about having to pay VAR isn't quite true either as that's  deducted after the clubs expenses are paid. 

Lies lies lies. 

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I see several Saints fans on social  media want the club to release an apology of sorts and they'll likely buy tickets for this weekend. 

Show some backbone ffs.

Why are so many people so keen to be walked all over?

Are these the same kind of people who're standing up for the likes of Royal Mail online? 🤢

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The worst type, for me.

There will be people going who simply need football for their mental health etc., i know old folk who only ever leave their house for it. Some will want to keep a record of not missing games, while some just wont be able to stay away.

No issue with those people and dont think they should be hounded or ridiculed IMO. The ones who are simply going so they can boast about it and speak down to those who arent, however, feel like fair game as theyre completely missing the point.

There is definitely an element of some people acting as though they are bigger supporters than others because they are going to the game. Absolute cretins.

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Why are so many people so keen to be walked all over?

Because our fanbase is full of happy clappers who probably haven't been faced with such a situation before. I'd wager that the majority of the happy clappers are tartan blanket wearing OAP's who aren't onboard with the whole protesting/boycotting culture which I'd say is something that's possibly more prevalent in the modern game than it has been in the past.

I'm actually disappointed we've managed to sell 300 odd tickets so far. That number will only go up by the time we get to Saturday. Hopefully the initial sales were just the HC's clambering to get their tickets and the sales will drop off.

17 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

There is definitely an element of some people acting as though they are bigger supporters than others because they are going to the game. Absolute cretins.

Because our fanbase is full of happy clappers who probably haven't been faced with such a situation before. I'd wager that the majority of the happy clappers are tartan blanket wearing OAP's who aren't onboard with the whole protesting/boycotting culture which I'd say is something that's possibly more prevalent in the modern game than it has been in the past.

I'm actually disappointed we've managed to sell 300 odd tickets so far. That number will only go up by the time we get to Saturday. Hopefully the initial sales were just the HC's clambering to get their tickets and the sales will drop off.

There's even a few past/present posters on here willing to cave in......

f**k that.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suggestion on Twitter that clubs involved in televised games don't need to pay for VAR.

So theres another lie.

Suspect there’s gonna be further protests, banners etc. the longer this rumbles on 

20 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Maybe they’re just so keen to go support their team.

No individual fan is in the wrong, whatever they decide to do.

That's the issue though. Blindly supporting the club while they're showing very little regard for those very supporters. 

If we all went along with this that gives them the green light for it to not be a one off. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Another statement from the club. 

Begrudgingly admitting some of the criticism is valid?

See if they didn't just dig the issue deeper and compound it with untruths then this wouldn't be such a mess. 

The statement sums up Steve Browns ownership lately.

Completely half hearted and half arsed.

That's the issue though. Blindly supporting the club while they're shown very little regard for those very supporters. 

If we all went along with this that gives them the green light for it to not be a one off. 

I said supporting the team, not club, though I know they go hand in hand in this instance.