Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Radford said:

Was going to say to talk about football for a minute but it's also going to stray into an off-field issue...

Bounce game against Queen's Park on Tuesday. Came back from two down to win 3-2 and team was: Wills, Brown, Gallacher, Dailly, Parker, Kucheriavyi, O'Halloran, Hallberg, Bair, Wotherspoon, Crawford.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/young-queens-park-2-st-johnstone-3/

But the off-field issue is look at what Queen's Park have produced for a reserve match. Maybe it's excessive but comes back to the issue raised over the weekend about media being taken in-house. 

What have we had this week? The lottery results and a few Happy Birthday messages...

I’m pretty sure most the media is done by volunteers too, unless I’m mistaken.

Just feel like the clubs doing the minimal to avoid more criticism. You get more on your unofficial page and even the likes of Blue Heaven or SOTD. 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Certainly a fair few people who’ve not come out of this well. Especially those fans who’ve repeatedly challenged and spoke down to those who’ve refused to attend. At what point do they stand up to the club? 

A message needed sent, not just to the current board but any new owner. Don’t take the piss. 

Callum being wheeled out to talk about it doesn’t help, but him and the players look likely to be the only one journalists can get into touch with. I’m not even angry at him asking for backing. He’s in a position he shouldn’t need to be in. 

Genuine question, but have we heard at all from our Director of Football since he was appointed?

Should he not be fronted up as a bridge between the team and the board?

22 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m pretty sure most the media is done by volunteers too, unless I’m mistaken.

Just feel like the clubs doing the minimal to avoid more criticism. You get more on your unofficial page and even the likes of Blue Heaven or SOTD. 

There's one guy employed is there not? Although the club obviously doesn't have masses of full time staff so they might be doing other things as well within the club. Probably the PR guy who orders the pies as well knowing Saints 😂

The photographer guy is paid, the guy who records the in the net go pro stuff etc. I believe he's freelance though, as often is the case for that kind of thing.

The lack of content used to bother me, now I actively avoid watching the post match interviews. Especially the managers. 

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

There's one guy employed is there not? Although the club obviously doesn't have masses of full time staff so they might be doing other things as well within the club. Probably the PR guy who orders the pies as well knowing Saints 😂

The photographer guy is paid, the guy who records the in the net go pro stuff etc. I believe he's freelance though, as often is the case for that kind of thing.

The lack of content used to bother me, now I actively avoid watching the post match interviews. Especially the managers. 

There are 2 full time media people , Gregor and Greg plus Chris who is freelance and does a few hours a week on video and Graeme from PPA for all photography work.

You are correct in that they are expected to do a lot more than PR and close with the pie chat 🙂 

Its better than it was before when Ross had to spend a day a week making videos for "Swiss Toni Motors" as part of the sponsorship deal.

3 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

There are 2 full time media people , Gregor and Greg plus Chris who is freelance and does a few hours a week on video and Graeme from PPA for all photography work.

You are correct in that they are expected to do a lot more than PR and close with the pie chat 🙂 

Its better than it was before when Ross had to spend a day a week making videos for "Swiss Toni Motors" as part of the sponsorship deal.

Fair play. Hands up I wasn’t aware that was the case.

On 18/01/2023 at 10:25, jamamafegan said:

There is definitely an element of some people acting as though they are bigger supporters than others because they are going to the game. Absolute cretins.

Because our fanbase is full of happy clappers who probably haven't been faced with such a situation before. I'd wager that the majority of the happy clappers are tartan blanket wearing OAP's who aren't onboard with the whole protesting/boycotting culture which I'd say is something that's possibly more prevalent in the modern game than it has been in the past.

I'm actually disappointed we've managed to sell 300 odd tickets so far. That number will only go up by the time we get to Saturday. Hopefully the initial sales were just the HC's clambering to get their tickets and the sales will drop off.

There is also a large element of the support who have no idea there is even an issue.

Take my Dad in his late 70's, he has not bought a newspaper in 10 years, does not visit forums or sites like this and his only contact with Saints is the weekly newsletter as hes a season ticket holder in the East stand. Hes started going less and less if its too cold or hes got other things on and i just assumed the price and move would put him off along with the kick off time as TBH he spends most of his Saturday nights in the village pub with some mates.

Then on Sunday he says to me "Its good to get a change of view for the Rangers game" and "I guess the club are short of money as the price of that tickets seemed a bit high but i got one yesterday at the ticket office". I asked if he had heard anything about fans staying away and he said no. 

Im expecting a very elderly support on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

49FC6E43-61DB-449E-83DB-30D0BE60DC39.jpeg

Get it up then but the fact they approved it in the first place says all it needs to say about the submissive attitude shown by the club towards Rangers. 

While seemingly showing very little willing to please our own fans. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Now, there’s every chance that podcast is at the windup. However, part of me doubts it. They’re an official media partner. They have access other podcasts can only dream of. 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Wait, so not only did they allow them into 3 stands they got permission to do a fucking tifo? 😂😂😂

This is past the parody stage now. I'd be checking to see if they've put a wee portrait of the Queen up in the away dressing room for them - maybe an offer to polish their players' brown brogues while the game's on.

9 minutes ago, Swello said:

This is past the parody stage now. I'd be checking to see if they've put a wee portrait of the Queen up in the away dressing room for them - maybe an offer to polish their players' brown brogues while the game's on.

I might have some news for you.