Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, tree house tam said:

Of course it's a ticket sale booster. 

And you'll get the usual folk shimmying along on their flippers.

"What more do the moaners want?"

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

If anyone is doing the throwing the tennis ball on the pitch thing once the games started PM me I'll join in.

Heard the FCU are planning to be on the wee hill 

"going forward the Club will take this feedback into account in considering both pricing and seating arrangements in future fixtures."

Shouldn't this have been the case anyway?

Absolute nothing statement that amounts to, we'll "maybe" do things differently next time with zero substance or commitment to actually do anything different. All they've done is committed to thinking about doing it differently 🤦‍♂️

49 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I see some supporters have folded like deck chairs and bought a ticket following that statement. Spineless.

If the statement actually offered anything I could see why some might have changed their mind but I can't see what's changed. 

They've offered nothing new at all and all they've said is they might bother to consider our views this time. Why haven't they always been considering our views? 

It's not enticed me whatsoever to attend. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

How can we piss off the fans more. Ohh yeah, have the manager come out with an interview asking the fans to get behind the team on Saturday. How absolutely fucking tone deaf do you need to be! 

4 minutes ago, The Marly said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/st-johnstone-supporters-continue-share-28983159

Beaton does well in this article*

*apart from claiming he's only 36!

He looked older than that when he done his pitch invasion!

58 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He looked older than that when he done his pitch invasion!

I got asked about that incident the other day. I completely forgot about it 😂

Sort of lost in the noise on all of this is the clubs claim that the increased police costs etc meant that £20 tickets would mean a loss. So does that mean that say the league games, despite having a larger crowd than average, probably doesn't make Saints significantly much more than say a 4-5k attendance game vs Motherwell? Obviously will be a larger income, but with that comes significant costs. Eg I presume the games vs Hearts and Utd having similar attendances to what we get vs Rangers and Celtic probably made us more profit? 

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

"What more do the moaners want?"

Certainly a fair few people who’ve not come out of this well. Especially those fans who’ve repeatedly challenged and spoke down to those who’ve refused to attend. At what point do they stand up to the club? 

A message needed sent, not just to the current board but any new owner. Don’t take the piss. 

Callum being wheeled out to talk about it doesn’t help, but him and the players look likely to be the only one journalists can get into touch with. I’m not even angry at him asking for backing. He’s in a position he shouldn’t need to be in. 

58 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Callum being wheeled out to talk about it doesn’t help, but him and the players look likely to be the only one journalists can get into touch with. I’m not even angry at him asking for backing. He’s in a position he shouldn’t need to be in. 

Agree with this. Players and manager thrown under the bus by the suits

Was going to say to talk about football for a minute but it's also going to stray into an off-field issue...

Bounce game against Queen's Park on Tuesday. Came back from two down to win 3-2 and team was: Wills, Brown, Gallacher, Dailly, Parker, Kucheriavyi, O'Halloran, Hallberg, Bair, Wotherspoon, Crawford.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/young-queens-park-2-st-johnstone-3/

But the off-field issue is look at what Queen's Park have produced for a reserve match. Maybe it's excessive but comes back to the issue raised over the weekend about media being taken in-house. 

What have we had this week? The lottery results and a few Happy Birthday messages...