Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

It’ll be so they can release Bair. 

You can almost see the Bair exit article being written right now. 'Agreed to let him return home', 'leaves with best wishes' etc etc etc.

Someone must be able to add up the actual fees we have paid in the last few years, for v little return. Must be pushing half a million or so or at least, would get there if God forbid we send 6 figures up to Dingwall. 

2 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

You can almost see the Bair exit article being written right now. 'Agreed to let him return home', 'leaves with best wishes' etc etc etc.

Someone must be able to add up the actual fees we have paid in the last few years, for v little return. Must be pushing half a million or so or at least, would get there if God forbid we send 6 figures up to Dingwall. 

Not 100% sure on the Clark fee but I’d guess overall it’s around £300k-350k and that’s not including White. 

Edited by Kyle

Here in lies the issue with Saints under Davidson. 

Completely disinterested in signing younger players with the aim to develop with the chance of him progressing and doing well. Like Hibs did with Nisbett etc. 

They went and watched a couple of younger strikers in the lower leagues... And then decided nope. 100k for Jordan White because we can "Trust him". 

Why did they bother going to watch the younger lads? They weren't ever going to realistically sign them 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Just as a Chris Kane comeback looked like it was getting closer. Wonder if somethings happened there

I wouldn’t over think it to be honest. The manager is just a football illiterate 

5000 tickets for tomorrow = Jordan White.

11 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Heard that Bair is difficult to coach and won't listen about his development etc. 

Also he's homesick.

Weirdly, I’ve heard the complete opposite and he’s a nice chap 😂

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Here in lies the issue with Saints under Davidson. 

Completely disinterested in signing younger players with the aim to develop with the chance of him progressing and doing well. Like Hibs did with Nisbett etc. 

They went and watched a couple of younger strikers in the lower leagues... And then decided nope. 100k for Jordan White because we can "Trust him". 

Why did they bother going to watch the younger lads? They weren't ever going to realistically sign them 

Here in lies the problem with football fans

Condemning an experienced striker before he's even in the door in favour of some untested youngsters 

Nisbett was signed by hibs by the way cause he was scoring a fuckload of goals 

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

Condemning an experienced striker before he's even in the door in favour of some untested youngsters 

Hello Mr White senior.

Just now, Gekko said:

If we were getting White on a free, it might be worth a punt. But paying good money for him???

Aye this is it. If it is a free transfer fine. No issues. But it’s not. It’s £100k that can be invested in another area. An area the fans have all been screaming at for a while that needs help. 

33 minutes ago, Binos said:

What I said and what you thought it said were two different things. I didn't express any opinion on whether he's good or bad. What I am saying though is 100k for him is utter madness. 

Davidson has signed a whole squad of 32-35 year old players, many of them journeyman. Many of them have been a disaster. He's used 35+ players since he became the manager. The point stands. Why did he bother going to watch the younger players. He won't sign them.  

We have games recently where there's only been 3 players starting the game under 30. The club invested and worked very hard to bring the age of the squad down. Davidson completely undoing it and spending money not seen by a Saints manager since the 90's. Yet going backwards rapidly. 

I'm afraid you'll need to forgive the many Saints fans who have zero faith in Davidson and his recruitment as since he's joined the club it's been 90% disaster. 

Jordan White himself should think twice of joining any team managed by Davidson anyway His treatment of players. Occasionally publicly berating them directly has left a lot to be desired. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe