Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

And Connor Smith is a downgraded Matt Smith. 

His performance was pitiful. No fight at all, just get ball, run with ball, feel contact, flop to ground. When ref doesn't fall for it throw a wee strop.

His dive in front of the East that seen more people shout at him to get up than for the foul was interesting.

Smith had literally a couple of decent games in the autumn and folk shot their load. We just need to hope some other novice manager will be seduced by his 20 caps for Wales and we can get rid.

Only four more games of Luke Robinson passing backwards too, there is something to look forward to on a Monday morning.

The English market is not a good one for Saints.

You wonder if Robinson actually wanted to come back in January. He got a new contract and game time at Wigan then returned a worse player.

I was one who bought into Smith tbh, but the worse we get the more he hides, and the more he hides the more you realise he wasn't contributing much before anyway.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You wonder if Robinson actually wanted to come back in January. He got a new contract and game time at Wigan then returned a worse player.

I was one who bought into Smith tbh, but the worse we get the more he hides, and the more he hides the more you realise he wasn't contributing much before anyway.

To an extent I agree, but I reckon in a team where he's allowed to take risks playing forward and has teammates who are capable of forward runs into space, Matt Smith would be a decent player. He's clearly got technical ability and can actually pass a ball, or at least better than 99% of the rest of the team. You've nailed it though, when the going gets tough he hides which is only exacerbated by our current situation. Then again lets not forget our supposed all action midfielder next to him lost numerous 50/50 challenges on Saturday by not committing fully. 

Murray Davidson or Liam Craig would have won every single battle on Saturday and it wouldn't even have been close. The lack of aggression and fight is the most alarming thing and totally reminiscent of the way it ended for both Davidson and MacLean. 

I didn't even look out the result on Saturday or attempt to watch the game. I could possibly make the Livi away game but am I going to go? 

Craig Levein sat hunched in the dug out has me raging. Can't even bring myself to listen to it.

3 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I didn't even look out the result on Saturday or attempt to watch the game. I could possibly make the Livi away game but am I going to go? 

Craig Levein sat hunched in the dug out has me raging. Can't even bring myself to listen to it.

I glanced over as we conceded the second and as soon as I seen him standing hand in pockets looking ahead I felt a rage I’d not felt at the football in a long time. 

Probably too busy figuring out his next guest on sacked in the morning. 

25 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I glanced over as we conceded the second and as soon as I seen him standing hand in pockets looking ahead I felt a rage I’d not felt at the football in a long time. 

For me it was watching us struggle like f**k in the first half to deal with Hibs shape, while him and Kirk were deep in discussion, with Cleland getting ranted at every so often by Kirk, only to come out after half time and to see nothing has changed and they just start discussing things again.

Then they finally decide to make subs and he has them stood freezing on the touchline for 5 minutes before they can come on.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

For me it was watching us struggle like f**k in the first half to deal with Hibs shape, while him and Kirk were deep in discussion, with Cleland getting ranted at every so often by Kirk, only to come out after half time and to see nothing has changed and they just start discussing things again.

Then they finally decide to make subs and he has them stood freezing on the touchline for 5 minutes before they can come on.

100% this. There is so much pondering over every decision it is unreal. If Levein wants to mentor Kirk, do it somewhere else thanks. Cleland must be well unhappy.

The subs too are a joke. On Saturday they called one sub back to get ready, then as he was getting there, called another 2 and then kept the first waiting until they were all ready. Small things, but point to a lack of clear plans

I've watched a few of Leveins post match interviews on the BBC after a loss and if I was a St Johnstone fan I'd be raging at how little of shit he appears to have...

It's no wonder that the players, though they clearly have to take a large portion of the blame, don't look up for it either.

16 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I've watched a few of Leveins post match interviews on the BBC after a loss and if I was a St Johnstone fan I'd be raging at how little of shit he appears to have...

I dont know many, if any, Saints fan who actually watch his interviews now.

I've not watched any and haven't bothered since early in Davidsons reign.

I miss Tommy Wright. 

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It’s stuff like this that does my nut in and just another reason to add to the list of why the two of them should get the Spanish archer. It is like guys at Sunday league level. Next game I would like to see this team but absolutely know it’ll be nothing like this.

Mitov

Kjeltens.  Gordon.   Considine.   Robinson

McGowan

Wright.     Franczak.     Carey

May. Clark 

This will be tough on Benji and Adama but honestly don’t think anyone else could complain if they were dropped. Front 2 could easily be any 2 from 4 but that front 2 worked well last season and I think deserves a shot as long as they stay up front and don’t spend most of the game running around in midfield 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

His performance was pitiful. No fight at all, just get ball, run with ball, feel contact, flop to ground. When ref doesn't fall for it throw a wee strop.

His dive in front of the East that seen more people shout at him to get up than for the foul was interesting.

He’s not the only one either.
For the last number of games it has been really obvious how outmuscled we are.

I’m sure most Saints fans can fondly recall opposition fans ranting on here about our team of hammer throwers.  Now it’s completely flipped on its head, and we lose most physical confrontations, with just about every midfield/ forward player having the irritating habit of crying for a foul at every robust challenge where they’ve inevitably been knocked to the ground.

McGowan into midfield for a bit of fight might well be the way to go.

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

He’s not the only one either.
For the last number of games it has been really obvious how outmuscled we are.

I’m sure most Saints fans can fondly recall opposition fans ranting on here about our team of hammer throwers.  Now it’s completely flipped on its head, and we lose most physical confrontations, with just about every midfield/ forward player having the irritating habit of crying for a foul at every robust challenge where they’ve inevitably been knocked to the ground.

McGowan into midfield for a bit of fight might well be the way to go.

Aye. Me and my dad spent the whole game thinking that someone just nailing folk couldve taken about 3 Hibs players out the game.

For all their talent you could tell folk like Marcondes would've vanished after a hit.

16 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Some of these current midfielders make Gary McDonald look like Rino Gattuso.

Out second string from 2014 would beat this mob. Miller, Scobbie, McCracken, McDonald, Cregg, Hasselbaink etc...