Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Did I not read somewhere that Gordon will miss first couple of split games?

Couldn't see CL dropping Clark

But risky throwing Wright straight in is it not?

That's the side out of the current squad I'd be aiming to play. I know it's nowhere near what we will get. It's not defensive enough for start before we even get into who is fit enough to play.

28 minutes ago, Radford said:

Summer window not even open and it's already massively underwhelming. 

They've forgotten to update their shortlist after leaving Brechin IMO.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems a good price that.

Is it? Have you seen how bad we are…..

In all seriousness that’s good of saints actually and will hopefully make a difference to an otherwise barren midweek game against County! 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems a good price that.

Will be interesting to see what kind of a difference this makes to the crowd. Should bring folk out, but if you haven't been for a while, you'd be regretting buying both after the first game! 

2 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Will be interesting to see what kind of a difference this makes to the crowd. Should bring folk out, but if you haven't been for a while, you'd be regretting buying both after the first game! 

Not if we win both games in style?

Improbable I know but it could happen.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems a good price that.

Any form of cash to watch St Johnstone is a rip off…

But yeah fair play to the club for being active and trying to get fans engaged and bums on seats - I love things like this and credit should be given where it’s due.

Thank you

Likely still a few years from him impacting our first team meaningfully, but nice to see some real promise here. He reminded me so much of Callum Hendry the few times I've seen him, but just lacked the experience of senior football to deal with, earlier this season.

22 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Excuse my ignorance.

Who are BRFC?

Berwick Rangers, now in the Lowland League.

34 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Excuse my ignorance.

Who are BRFC?

Berwick. 

Talking of loans, I was interested to hear a few United fans saying McClelland has been looking decent the last few games since returning from injury. 

Hopefully there's a player there. Would be one less player to find in what should be a busy summer. 

Edited by nelsjfc

13 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Berwick. 

Talking of loans, I was interested to hear a few United fans saying McClelland has been looking decent the last few games since returning from injury. 

Hopefully there's a player there. Would be one less player to find in what should be a busy summer. 

From what i've seen they've been impressed by him, many hoping they can pick him up in summer.

20 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

From what i've seen they've been impressed by him, many hoping they can pick him up in summer.

Well, there is every possibility they'd get him. Levein and Kirk have paid zero attention to any of the youth players that have been out on loan or in the under age set up. Fran is the only one they'd have any reasonable knowledge on.

4 minutes ago, Redcar said:

I'd love Berwick to sign all 4 to be honest.

Bailey played in lots of different positions and would probably have benefitted from some consistency in terms of the number on his back. Always put a decent shift in and became a key player for us when we lost some of the squad mid-season. Still only 18.

Think the others are only 17! Scott Bright did well at full back, but his age (and some competition from more experienced people in our squad,), maybe meant he was on the bench more than he deserved. Bright by name, and bright on the pitch too. 

Jackson Mylchreest has a real big future ahead of him. Often led our line when Buchanan wasn't available and scored (I think) 9 or 10 times. Goalscorers are gold dust and he is likely to be in demand higher up the leagues next year. 

For me though, the pick was actually Joe Ellison. Plays with real confidence and absolutely loves a tackle. Great to watch and never let us down.

Please release them all and tell them to sign for a club that appreciates them!

Really good review of the 4 Berwick loanees here.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Really good review of the 4 Berwick loanees here.

Joe Ellison is a full back/midfielder from Auchterarder and Scott Bright is a defender from Perth. Both have been with the club since they were 10 years old. Think both of them will have decent careers