Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

The only worry is that this supposedly close sale won't go through if we're relegated. 

Not a chance it’s as far down the apparent path as they claim if the new owners concerned about relegation. 

31 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Sooner the takeover happens and these players aren't at the club the better. 

Levein is a product of the lack of ambition and drop in standards which started under Davidson and allowed to continue because those running the club were either incompetent, didn't care, lost interest or all of the above. Horrific. 

Worst bit about today, I just didn't really care. If we go down we deserve it, we've been circling the drain for a while now and we need a fresh start in just about every aspect of the club. 

I agree, where after a defeat I felt depressed tonight I just am so fed up and don't care. Never in over 50 years following saints have I felt so low. We really need to go back to basics.

We also need shot of both managers.

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Maybe a year from now we can re-title this thread as the Double Relegated St Johnstone Thread ?

They were truly awful today , if they finish 11th then I can’t see them win against the firhill jags 

2 hours ago, Broughty said:

I agree, where after a defeat I felt depressed tonight I just am so fed up and don't care. Never in over 50 years following saints have I felt so low. We really need to go back to basics.

We also need shot of both managers.

In 1984/85 I believe you were relegated to the turd tier and spent three seasons down there. 

St Mirren and Dundee fans desperate to add the "St Johnstone got relegated" trophy to their "made the top six" cup already in the bag.

St Mirren might do a open top bus parade, but suspect Dundee will go down the DVD route.

I don’t think Levein gets the credit he deserves sometimes…

Any manager that can put a midfield out that has me wishing Cammy MacPherson and Ali Crawford were playing is remarkable.

That lack of heart today is a real worry. A huge match for us, we get beat with barely a whimper yet not a single yellow card says everything about the lack of fight.

Agree Benj and May start next game. They at least put a bit of effort in. 

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren and Dundee fans desperate to add the "St Johnstone got relegated" trophy to their "made the top six" cup already in the bag.

St Mirren might do a open top bus parade, but suspect Dundee will go down the DVD route.

We'd be better suited just making a commemorative canvas displaying all of your best takes throughout the season, though you'd probably need one the size of McDiarmid Park just to fit them all in.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Superb.

psycho.gif.f5d0d08dfcf6caa3b2201a1c2461716b.gif

Thank you.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

State of that.

In all honestly, for purely ease of away day, I'd prefer County go down although I respect those that use the football as a piss up and don't want to lose that.

There's no chance they're sacking Levein, the only way he leaves is if he just chucks it which might be possible in a Warnock way.

I've still no idea what him and Kirk discuss. It took them almost an hour of watching us be doubled up on out wide, which stopped us attacking but also killed us when trying to defend, before changing a thing, and even then they kept the same shape going until the end. 

He's making the exact same mistakes Davidson did tactically, and that's unacceptable for a manager as experienced as him. What's he expecting when he plays a midfield 3 and asks 2 to push high and wide?

If Levein takes us down it’s time for him to give up managerial roles for good and return to his punditry / podcasts etc. He’ll forever be remembered as that guy who played a 4-6-0 and then got St. Johnstone, an established top flight club, relegated. Time for him to call it a day if that happens. 

Kirk decides tactics, shape and football philosophy. Think he's been on the same course as Callum and most other young identikit thick as f**k ex players. Levein manages, what the f**k he manages I don't actually know because to manage you need to lead by example, get everyone going in the right direction and doing things that help them excel. He does none of that.

But...... We are not sacking him with 4-6 games left, especially since those games will decide the future of the club for the next few years. 

Hope to f**k wee Adama is okay by the way. If he's out that's a major blow.