Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Radford said:

Out second string from 2014 would beat this mob. Miller, Scobbie, McCracken, McDonald, Cregg, Hasselbaink etc...

I loved wee Nigel.

It's quite scary looking back and seeing what you took for granted.

13/14 Lee Croft was seen as a back up option who could maybe change a game or help us hold a lead by stretching side. Now we're looking at Drey Wright to transform our season and attack.

4 hours ago, Radford said:

Out second string from 2014 would beat this mob. Miller, Scobbie, McCracken, McDonald, Cregg, Hasselbaink etc...

I completely agree.  Not sure McCracken was still there in 2014 though. 

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Anyone heard any wee whispers that Gordon is off down south at the end of his contract?

Honestly, it's for the best. He's been off it for a few seasons now with no evidence of recapturing whatever he had. A fresh start for both parties and I suspect he'd do well down there as a non-football playing centreback. Lets face it, League 2 standard is below our top flight, but he'll make more money and be away from the Perth goldfish bowl. He'd go with my best wishes, but he's replaceable. 

22 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Name I’ve heard would satisfy me. 

Aye the name on WAP matches previous rumours, makes sense, and also seems like it would be good based on what he's done elsewhere.

Doesn't look like someone who'd be asset stripping at all.

On Liam Gordon, I think he's going through a Zander Clark blip of years of dross when he's better than that, but if he wants to go then let him and try to improve on him. He's clearly into his own head just now.

Courier now reporting the sale is agreed, and naming Adam Webb as the buyer, assume it would be kept quiet unless they were certain.

Lawyer in America who became a minority shareholder at Cambridge United to help the club purchase the stadium back from the council, and there's 7 figures worth of investment into infrastructure of the club since he joined too. Their fans believe there's been budget increases too.

All sounds promising and particularly sensible.

Stan Harris to remain as CEO to help the transition, but budgets and plans already being drawn up for next season under Webb and sounds like he'll make changes.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Yip, Adam Webb's name has been the rumour for a few months. Time will tell if it's a good or bad move.

I think it's needs done regardless of how good/bad it is. We've been festering for years with the Browns wanting out so one way or another this hopefully kicks the club back to life.

Robert Thomson goes into more detail.

Webb to own 75% of the club.

Potential for other investors to come on board later.

Money more likely to be spent on infrastructure/future proofing/modernisation of club structure/facilities.

Webb helped build Cambridge a £3.5m training ground.

Another massive financial loss expected for us this season.