Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Saints did have Curtis Main in but there had been huge confusion over potential wages and he won't be back after we learnt what the true figure he was on at St Mirren was. To just match that would have made him our fourth highest earner of all time. 

Well known in football circles that the deal he's been offered by St Mirren eclipses anything we've ever paid. Gus MacPherson very vocal on their morals given the number of people that suffered during Covid and them still lashing government money about. 

I think we are in a quite a precarious position squad wise.

I want to see a younger squad and our own players given a chance as that's largely always been the basis of what has been successful for us but there's no doubt it presents a risk with the current overall balance of the group.

Eric Nicolson posted a squad of 21 players in a piece the other day but Parker and Steven aren't going to step up right now and Bair isn't in the plans so that's you back down to 18 already. Crawford shouldn't be in the plans and Booth has a lot to do to regain trust. Is Gallacher good enough? Is Kane fit? Are three games enough to judge Ballantyne off? What do you do regards the number one goalkeeper? Can Ferguson and Kucheriavyi contribute? Are Considine's legs still there?

If you then ask yourselves, how many players in the squad can you really back and trust for a whole season...

I'm not even sure we could field a team.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Saints did have Curtis Main in but there had been huge confusion over potential wages and he won't be back after we learnt what the true figure he was on at St Mirren was. To just match that would have made him our fourth highest earner of all time. 

Well known in football circles that the deal he's been offered by St Mirren eclipses anything we've ever paid. Gus MacPherson very vocal on their morals given the number of people that suffered during Covid and them still lashing government money about. 

A full audit would be in the public interest imo.

3 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Welcome, brother

I am here to bring a unique blend of positivity and optimism for the season ahead.

Having sat through the last two seasons, things can only get better for sure!

"Things can only get better, Can only get, can only get, They get on from here, You know, I know that, Things can only get better" - D:Ream

1 hour ago, 1985Saint said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I present myself to you fellow Saintees.

1985Saint

”If you can dream it, you can do it.” ―Walt Disney

1 hour ago, 1985Saint said:

I am here to bring a unique blend of positivity and optimism for the season ahead.

Having sat through the last two seasons, things can only get better for sure!

"Things can only get better, Can only get, can only get, They get on from here, You know, I know that, Things can only get better" - D:Ream

block-button-block.gif.66549f74fe4d638eee17e5460423a134.gif

Just now, The Saintee said:

Great start.

" I'm a c**t" - Liam Gallagher 

Great to see you getting on board.

Discussing our love for Saints whilst also educating each other at the same time.

"Well done to the lady lineswoman." - Chris Kamara