Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

DONT PANIC!!! etc., but its fairly disappointing to see Deas, Allardice, and Tiffoney, move on to similar clubs in the top flight. If Charlie Fox/Kyle Turner also follow this routine then thats 5 players who fit a great profile of signing for us moved to clubs we should be competing with for players.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

DONT PANIC!!! etc., but its fairly disappointing to see Deas, Allardice, and Tiffoney, move on to similar clubs in the top flight. If Charlie Fox/Kyle Turner also follow this routine then thats 5 players who fit a great profile of signing for us moved to clubs we should be competing with for players.

I hope you do sign Charlie Fox.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hope you do sign Charlie Fox.

I think he'd look less like a donkey in a defence that isnt in suicide mode, but then again i dont know if thats what our defence will be this season 😅 theres next to no chance he struggles as much as Considine was starting to do aswell, the break of the Summer might just be his tipping point.

Deas was the ideal one for LCB for me, Fox the back up option. After that? f**k knows, most of the decent ones in England are already accounted for. 

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seen someone replying to your tweet claiming Turner is going to Raith. Admittedly I've barely seen him play surely he's going to get a better offer from a Premiership club. At least one of the bottom 6 will surely take a chance on him making the step up etc.  Depending on the Thistle offer even that might be a decent enough offer?! 

Doubt saints were in for Allardice purely on the fact it won't be a position we're throwing much budget at for now due to there being other glaringly obvious gaps in the squad that need addressed first. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Seen someone replying to your tweet claiming Turner is going to Raith. Admittedly I've barely seen him play surely he's going to get a better offer from a Premiership club. At least one of the bottom 6 will surely take a chance on him making the step up etc.  Depending on the Thistle offer even that might be a decent enough offer?! 

Doubt saints were in for Allardice purely on the fact it won't be a position we're throwing much budget at for now due to there being other glaringly obvious gaps in the squad that need addressed first. 

Aye would assume most of the bottom half is after him, although Raith have the new directors in drug conservatory money to spend so who knows.

Think defensive midfield is definitely still an area of need. Phillips/McGowan all we have there and as it stands McGowan is our only right back option.

Allardice fits a need better than Hallberg would.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have it on good authority that Dundee are paying Tiffoney 3+grand 

59 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Have it on good authority that Dundee are paying Tiffoney 3+grand 

Is that worse than us spending an absolute fortune on Nicky Clark (for another 2 seasons)?

Tired of these rumours of other clubs overpaying the moment they sign someone who might have been interested in. Just feels like a lazy excuse about why we never signed them.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is that worse than us spending an absolute fortune on Nicky Clark (for another 2 seasons)?

Tired of these rumours of other clubs overpaying the moment they sign someone who might have been interested in. Just feels like a lazy excuse about why we never signed them.

ironic alanis morissette GIF

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

f**k up ya fanny. We will sign who we sign, not who you throw the toys out the pram thinking we should sign. Personally I'm glad we aren't signing shite from Partick and their like tbh.

Edited by tree house tam

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

IF anyone has been signed this is how the club will announce it. First day of pre season while in for fitness tests etc. 

They’re back Thursday I think from reading Steven Macleans message. 

which, I find to be very interesting and detailed. 

Aye a reassuring interview from MacLean that.

Hes really nailed every "message" he sends and you feel its probably because hes simply being honest. Cant tie yourself in knots if you mean what you say.

4 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

IF anyone has been signed this is how the club will announce it. First day of pre season while in for fitness tests etc. 

Still can't believe that two year deal for Considine. His agent must've been ripping the head off it.