Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Widge said:

Aye that was what I was trying to get at, you've now got a budget to spend and can offer players larger wages than others who don't have the budget to do so. Makes sense, you're now going for quality over quantity.

Classic McInnes (except the summer he signed had 7 strikers on the books and we subsequently only scored 24 goals) 

We’ve wasted so much money on shite over the last two years that we’ll just have to hope we can either pull some diamonds in the rough and the twilight guys with another year on their contract remain useful until next summer. 

I hope we are doing work behind the scenes, the lack of press interaction from Maclean does make me nervous. He’s still not actually set out what he’s looking for/what he thinks we need. Players with good engines who can press seem to be his bag and we’ve kind of guessed that’s what he wants, but would be nice to see him talking about his priorities. 

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

The fact there’s three current managers going over makes me think they’re not there that long/it won’t seriously disrupt pre-season. Maybe that’s just blind optimism on my part but it’s not something I’m particularly worried about.

Come back to me in two months time when we’ve signed nobody and lost all four of our group stage games. 

Do you really think there's nothing going on in the background thought that was what gus was brought in for to help manager with finding players and contacts  as far as cup group stages if we can't get out of that group we shouldn't be in premier league plus I don't think McLean will have the same attitude to them as Davidson did last year which quite honestly was pathetic 

8 minutes ago, Total stranger said:

Do you really think there's nothing going on in the background thought that was what gus was brought in for to help manager with finding players and contacts  as far as cup group stages if we can't get out of that group we shouldn't be in premier league plus I don't think McLean will have the same attitude to them as Davidson did last year which quite honestly was pathetic 

PARK LIFE

Agree re the attitude to the league cup last year. We have two semi plausible chances every year to win a trophy and last year we just essentially threw away the first one. I don’t think that’s acceptable for St Johnstone, hopefully Maclean (and whoever is helping him with recruitment) have a different attitude. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Agree re the attitude to the league cup last year. We have two semi plausible chances every year to win a trophy and last year we just essentially threw away the first one. I don’t think that’s acceptable for St Johnstone, hopefully Maclean (and whoever is helping him with recruitment) have a different attitude. 

For all Premiership teams getting out the group is the MINIMUM requirement. No excuses for at least that. You win the group you're seeded and that then gives you a good chance to get through to the quarter final as well. The money from that is important as well. 

As we discussed the other day the fact they had no clue what result would get them through last season was pathetically amateurish. 

1 hour ago, Total stranger said:

I would rather be Davidson  burner account than  living in your  head where you cluster f**k shit  in every ones forums where you think you know everything about football but in reality you are the type of keyboard  warrior  I was talking about your opinions means f**k all to most of us but you continue to spew your absolute crap just as a matter of interest have ever played the game other play ground stuff which I would guess you were the goalie 

What level have you played at?

56 minutes ago, Total stranger said:

Fully agree with you - hence the ‘it’s not something I’m particularly worried about’ part. 

I think the new Queen of the South home shirt would be great as the new Saints home shirt. 

Definitely not the Gillingham home though. 

As this season is 10 year anniversary of the Scottish cup win will Saints have something on the shirts to mark the occasion? 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

E4994756-C902-48C9-95D5-C4991DE986C8.jpeg

76CEDE40-96BA-4F3C-9600-30908F2B28F0.jpeg

48 minutes ago, derektaylor84 said:

I think the new Queen of the South home shirt would be great as the new Saints home shirt. 

Definitely not the Gillingham home though. 

As this season is 10 year anniversary of the Scottish cup win will Saints have something on the shirts to mark the occasion? 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

E4994756-C902-48C9-95D5-C4991DE986C8.jpeg

76CEDE40-96BA-4F3C-9600-30908F2B28F0.jpeg

That Queens away kit top is cool.

In answer to your question, no. The club didn’t even commemorate the double win and personally I’m still waiting for them to slap a star above our badge.

There is absolutely no chance the most half arsed club will do anything to acknowledge the 10 year anniversary of the cup win. They’ve probably forgotten it happened

Queens home isnt bad, a bit bland maybe but better than some of the dross we get. Change my mind on the away constantly tbh.

Gillingham one looks shit IMO.