Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The fact there’s three current managers going over makes me think they’re not there that long/it won’t seriously disrupt pre-season. Maybe that’s just blind optimism on my part but it’s not something I’m particularly worried about.

Come back to me in two months time when we’ve signed nobody and lost all four of our group stage games. 

Might be odd for new signings who may want to meet the manager and hear his plans for them before potentially signing but that could be done by phone or zoom setup as well if required. 

Although sometimes those conversations may have happened a couple times over a number of days and weeks befoe they come into sign as well. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Quite sad that my first thought was the bridies 

Did hospitality there in December during the World Cup. I thought they were quite poor in hospitality. 

Then again, my tastebuds were probably destroyed by the obscene volume of alcohol we drank by kick off. 

34 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Kennedy away to Killie by the looks of it as we'd expected. 

No idea whether Macca was interested of course but personally would have loved him back on the left hand side. 

Think Killie are throwing a bit of cash around this summer since they didn't last year and survived. I'd be on the fence with Kennedy, he's a good player, but very streaky and I know he's not injured any more, but there's still a doubt there. He's also never really performed at the level he was at when he was with us since leaving.

I still think we need to stop trying to just sign ex players, it's not nearly as exciting. 

Killie was Deas and Kennedy, Dundee with Shaughnessy and Tiffony.

Four players i think most Saints fans wouldve wanted have gone to relegation rivals.

Be interesting to look back in 6/12 months and compare how theyve done elsewhere compared to how our signings get on with us.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Killie was Deas and Kennedy, Dundee with Shaughnessy and Tiffony.

Four players i think most Saints fans wouldve wanted have gone to relegation rivals.

Be interesting to look back in 6/12 months and compare how theyve done elsewhere compared to how our signings get on with us.

I think you need to see what we bring in before judging. 

Deas is the only one out of the 4 that I can 100% say I'd have wanted. The other 3 are just known quantities which we know would have done a job. Whether they'd actually improve us I'm doubtful of, but they'd have been safe. I'd rather we searched further afield, but that's just me. 

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

I think you need to see what we bring in before judging. 

Thats what i was meaning, maybe didn't say it right.

Suspect youll see folk moaning we havent signed any of the 4, so be interesting to look back in 6/12 months and compare our signings against them.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Callum Davidson burner account found.

I would rather be Davidson  burner account than  living in your  head where you cluster f**k shit  in every ones forums where you think you know everything about football but in reality you are the type of keyboard  warrior  I was talking about your opinions means f**k all to most of us but you continue to spew your absolute crap just as a matter of interest have ever played the game other play ground stuff which I would guess you were the goalie 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Think Killie are throwing a bit of cash around this summer since they didn't last year.

We couldn't spend last year as Tommy Wrong tied up the majority of our budget with increased deals for promotion when he signed Championship level players on 2 year deals.

18 minutes ago, Total stranger said:

I would rather be Davidson  burner account than  living in your  head where you cluster f**k shit  in every ones forums where you think you know everything about football but in reality you are the type of keyboard  warrior  I was talking about your opinions means f**k all to most of us but you continue to spew your absolute crap just as a matter of interest have ever played the game other play ground stuff which I would guess you were the goalie 

Just as a matter of interest, are you new to the English language?

25 minutes ago, Total stranger said:

CA1CDC9A-44A4-46AB-B597-70732E5DFD30.jpeg

20 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

We couldn't spend last year as Tommy Wrong tied up the majority of our budget with increased deals for promotion when he signed Championship level players on 2 year deals.

Aye that was what I was trying to get at, you've now got a budget to spend and can offer players larger wages than others who don't have the budget to do so. Makes sense, you're now going for quality over quantity.