Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Probably not him, but this photo on the Raith thread looks very like Alex Ferguson to me?

Would be a perfect next step for him.

Screenshot_20230615-192103.thumb.png.6b37258111eabd7d413a7ce37230ae1f.png.791528011b8d2de52cad6ba12a814037.png

1658942929PPA_StJohnstoneTraining181.thumb.jpg.ba1515b8107532887c81a626fbdf7681.jpg

Scrap that its not him seemingly.

Edited by RandomGuy.

How did Jamie Murphy get on with you guys? His dad seems to have started following Ayr United on twitter so I'm thinking he could possibly be signing for us. Likely to be able to make a positive impression in the championship?

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

How did Jamie Murphy get on with you guys? His dad seems to have started following Ayr United on twitter so I'm thinking he could possibly be signing for us. Likely to be able to make a positive impression in the championship?

I reckon with a run of games he would do well. His best is well past him now though.

I thought Jamie Murphy did pretty well but he never really fitted how Davidson wanted to inflict football upon us.

Despite it being a bin fire of a formation post-double, Davidson spent all last summer trying to sign players to make his 5-2-3 formation work. Then ditched it a few weeks into the season and that kind of made Murphy redundant as our only width was from wing back.

He usually made an impact off the bench if we were chasing games but would then get a start and disappoint, although never in a natural wide position.

I'd think there is still something left to milk from him but he's a wide attacker, not a number 10 or a forward.

Murphy had much more of an impact than the likes of Carey for me, probably the best of 5 (!) options we had for the left wing, but Davidson changed the shape and he wasn’t as adaptable as the others. His game is more about trickery and guile than pace I’d say, I think he’s still got a lot to offer if he’s played in a way that would suit him. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Crawford will probably end up our top scorer next season.

Not including bounce games I assume? Cause Bair already has that in the bag.

Sweepstake on when we'll announce our first new signing?

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Not including bounce games I assume? Cause Bair already has that in the bag.

Sweepstake on when we'll announce our first new signing?

I’m going next Friday.