Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 hours ago, Kyle said:

I don't think Hallberg is worth waiting m on to be honest. There's loads of players available right now, we'd be as well just sourcing his replacement rather than waiting another few weeks on him to sign somewhere else and only then trying. 

" Ehhhyeah definitely" - Callum Davidson 

I agree.

He had flashes where he was very good (Motherwell away last season in particular)....but in his deeper role he was only able to perform one in every 10/12 games. If he was playing in a more advanced role week in, week out then I think he would be worth chasing however the longer that we are pinning our hopes on him, the more chance we are missing out on alternative options.

Thanks Melker, time to move on.

"Slipping through my fingers all the time, I try to capture every minute, The feeling in it, Slipping through my fingers all the time." -  Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson, and Anni-Frid Lyngstad (ABBA)

12 hours ago, Radford said:

His offer should be off the table now we are back training.

I get if it was reduced terms that he'd want to scout around but time is up. MacLean seems keen to keep him though.

"Hi, I'm Barry Scott. Bang! And the dirt is gone!" - Neil Burgess.

I genuinely worry the only reason we're trying to re-sign him, and willing to wait so long for an answer, is because they have no idea who else they can sign.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I genuinely worry the only reason we're trying to re-sign him, and willing to wait so long for an answer, is because they have no idea who else they can sign.

I would doubt it. I think there is plenty of potential signings out there. I just think MacLean likes Hallberg as a player, he fits into the system he wants to play and so probably have him to x date (probably end of June) to make up his mind. Would indicate that if he wasn't to sign, MacLean will look to sign a similar type player.

In a way, I'm glad MacLean isn't jumping at the first 'obvious' signings like Deas and Turner (although I'd be happy had we signed them) as it means he must know what he does and doesn't want. Davidson, it felt like, just signed players he knew and were available, without really figuring out whether they were what we really needed or not. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

3 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

In a way, I'm glad MacLean isn't jumping at the first 'obvious' signings like Deas and Turner (although I'd be happy had we signed them) as it means he must know what he does and doesn't want. 

As much as MacLean shouldnt face criticism by folk like me for not signing anyone yet, nor should it be assumed thats only happening because he knows what else he wants.

Hes already admitted we've missed out on players to other clubs in the division and Matty Kennedy was named as one.

Notice that the number 10 still remains unclaimed.

I wonder if we will have any new faces in for Dunfermline away next week.

“Tuesday isn’t so bad. It’s a sign that I’ve somehow survived Monday.” – Unknown

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It's his way of showing his affection. He loves you really. 

Nah, not when he says "f**k off you little f**k" in a private message.

@Dick Van Dyke jumping on the wagon for downvoting my posts as well.

Bit unfortunate that as a new user my reputation is now -15 when in reality all I am here to talk about is saints

4 minutes ago, 1985Saint said:

Bit unfortunate that as a new user my reputation is now -15 when in reality all I am here to talk about is saints

Ooooft. Does he know who you are then? 😬😂 I'm sure they'll still get over the quotes eventually. 

Might not be many people's cup of tea but 🤷‍♂️ it's just a quote. 

As long as you're not one of those people that replies to every Saints tweet or Facebook post "that's not a new signing". That winds me right up and would deserve 👎 😂

There's folk with reputations in the negative hundreds on here because everyone just votes them down whenever they say ANYTHING. Don't think it really makes a difference. 

12 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Ooooft. Does he know who you are then? 😬😂 I'm sure they'll still get over the quotes eventually. 

Might not be many people's cup of tea but 🤷‍♂️ it's just a quote. 

As long as you're not one of those people that replies to every Saints tweet or Facebook post "that's not a new signing". That winds me right up and would deserve 👎😂

There's folk with reputations in the negative hundreds on here because everyone just votes them down whenever they say ANYTHING. Don't think it really makes a difference. 

Cheers mate, appreciate it.

He doesn't know who I am but I am pretty sure I know who he is 😜 I am also pretty sure he doesn't like perhaps getting educated a little bit...

Missed my window for renewing my season ticket, went on to do it today and someone has nabbed my seat 🤬

"If you dream of becoming an eagle, you follow your dreams and not the words of a bunch of chickens." - Penny Johnson Gerald

Edited by 1985Saint

27 minutes ago, 1985Saint said:

Let's talk about Saints then, but maybe less of the quotes.

Becoming quite irritating, only my friendly opinion.

Christ, bring back the football!!!

Anyway, anyone heard of any other friendlies lined up? The 8th July seems an obvious one and given the games the midweek before and after, I assume it will be in Scotland or any word of the pre season jaunt to Spain again? 

3 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Christ, bring back the football!!!

Anyway, anyone heard of any other friendlies lined up? The 8th July seems an obvious one and given the games the midweek before and after, I assume it will be in Scotland or any word of the pre season jaunt to Spain again? 

No trip away this summer, all games will be in Scotland.

I reckon we will have a couple of behind closed door games before we launch ourselves into Viaplay action.

What is the story with Dunfermline tickets? Might take the young lad through for it

"The greatest gift is the ability to forget - to forget the bad things and focus on the good." - Joe Biden