Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Not aware of anything specific. 

He's a gentleman in his 80's though and if there's nothing on the horizon takeover wise then things could be different by the time the takeover comes around. 

Could easily be having the same conversations about a takeover this time next year or even the year after that. 

Yeah, you are right.

In an ideal world it would have been done and dusted by now...will be interesting to see what that Jez fella can come up with.

"The market place this year has exploded to a degree where the inmates appear to be running the asylum again." - Jez Moxey

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I was thinking this morning. Have we ever signed a player the fanbase has been universally against to that extent?

Even Macpherson, it was more how McCann got sold and then we quietly announced Cammy at midnight. 

I loathe them both.

In fact Cammy "there's a player there" MacPherson might just edge it. 

Scott Burns says we're one of the teams interested. 

Zero chance we'd get him without promising him hes guaranteed first choice, and especially as he'd cost a fee.

Cant see why we'd go for that when the managers promised Sinclair he'll be competing for the starting jersey.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scott Burns says we're one of the teams interested. 

Zero chance we'd get him without promising him hes guaranteed first choice, and especially as he'd cost a fee.

Cant see why we'd go for that when the managers promised Sinclair he'll be competing for the starting jersey.

Genuinely can't see ourselves, you lot or even United due to having him before being willing to pay a 6 figure transfer fee for a 35 year old keeper. No matter how good he is.

The spectre of Crawford hanging about the place contributing nothing just provides a constant, stark reminder of the severe mismanagement of the squad we endured under Davidson.  I know money comes into it but to me just pay him off and get him out the building.  Lets show that we are serious about doing things properly from now on.  I can't watch another second of him dancing next to an opposing midfielder rather than tackling him or letting his man run off him all the time.  He's not alone in players I'd get rid of but we'd have very few left if we were properly brutal about it.  I'm not quite at the panic stage yet but the lack of activity over the summer has not offered any reassurance about anything.    

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Genuinely can't see ourselves, you lot or even United due to having him before being willing to pay a 6 figure transfer fee for a 35 year old keeper. No matter how good he is.

We bid £100k for Jordan White 5 months ago.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hold our fucking beer. 

There's surely no chance of us getting a guy who played 24 games in a Coventry side who finished in the play offs in the English championship last season. Even if he wants to come home you'd think one of the city clubs would be interested 

22 minutes ago, Kyle said:

There's surely no chance of us getting a guy who played 24 games in a Coventry side who finished in the play offs in the English championship last season. Even if he wants to come home you'd think one of the city clubs would be interested 

Don’t talk sense. Let us hope.