Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

Last season against Cove and maybe as far back as the Dyron Daal and John Stewart partnership are about the only 2 times I can remember us wearing the new kit in a friendly.

Always liked seeing it for the first time on the opening league game. 

Arbroath a couple of seasons ago as well 

Yeah, I think a distinction can be made between people wanting the club to be professional and people being ‘adults who care about football strips’. I get annoyed about it for the same reason that I got annoyed when the Saints club shop put an apostrophe in the wrong place. I have no desire to buy anything from the club shop and I have no desire to buy a strip. I just expect the bare minimum from a professional football club. 

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Yeah, I think a distinction can be made between people wanting the club to be professional and people being ‘adults who care about football strips’. I get annoyed about it for the same reason that I got annoyed when the Saints club shop put an apostrophe in the wrong place. I have no desire to buy anything from the club shop and I have no desire to buy a strip. I just expect the bare minimum from a professional football club. 

I'm not averse to you having such an adverse opinion on this matter. 

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Fair. Some adults are genuinely annoyed about there not being a new football strip though 

Slowly looking like a bit of a shambles. 

Injuries can happen and signings will probably come but definitely a sink of swim opportunity for a few of the younger players though. If they struggle in the friendlies now then it's clear evidence they're not ready for the competitive stuff at Saints quite yet. Vice versa as well of course. 

Will the aiming to sign quality go out the window to be replaced by panic signings when we're going into the first few competitive games with 10-11 fit senior players?

Ferguson at right back would be my guess here 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😬

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Sinclair 

McGowan Gordon Parker Gallacher

Wright Crawford Ferguson Carey

Ballantyne 

May 

Im not even sure who's left to fill the bench, other than Wills, Steven and Booth (supposing the doubts don't make it/aren't fit to start). 

Seeing our own youngsters get game time should be good, but potentially having to use Crawford so close to our first competitive game is not. 

edit: I suppose some trialists would be nice 

Edited by Kyle

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

Sinclair 

McGowan Gordon Parker Gallacher

Wright Crawford Ferguson Carey

Ballantyne 

May 

Im not even sure who's left to fill the bench, other than Wills, Steven and Booth (supposing the doubts don't make it/aren't fit to start). 

Seeing our own youngsters get game time should be good, but potentially having to use Crawford so close to our first competitive game is not. 

edit: I suppose some trialists would be nice 

Is Jordan Northcott still on the books? Seem to remember he got some 1st team game time but he might have been one of the ones we got rid of last season.

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Is Jordan Northcott still on the books? Seem to remember he got some 1st team game time but he might have been one of the ones we got rid of last season.

At Brechin now. Olly Hamilton away too, now at Jeanfield.

Youngsters who seem to highly thought, last i knew of, are Bailey Klimionek (CB), Scott Bright (LB), Joe Ellison (CM), Kodi McKinstray (CM), Ben McCrystal (W) and Jackson Mylchreest (ST).

They were all mentioned as being put into first team training this time last year and all seem to have deals until 2024. Assume we'll see them in the squad at least.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

At Brechin now. Olly Hamilton away too, now at Jeanfield.

Youngsters who seem to highly thought, last i knew of, are Bailey Klimionek (CB), Scott Bright (LB), Joe Ellison (CM), Kodi McKinstray (CM), Ben McCrystal (W) and Jackson Mylchreest (ST).

They were all mentioned as being put into first team training this time last year and all seem to have deals until 2024. Assume we'll see them in the squad at least.

I’m sure Moreland and Mylchreest both made the bench towards the end of the season.

I see Moreland is away to Brechin now, would imagine Mylchreeet would be one to get a chance.

Perfect time for Theo to come back and be the hero.