Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

52 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Sure, it looks like a panic signing but let's not condemn everyone involved just yet lads.

I suppose the question will be if he turns out to be good (which is obviously what everyone hopes) is it because of great scouting and research, or has he got lucky with a panic signing?

You get away with signings like Mitov and Jephcott if they don't work out because they make so much sense on paper.

If too many Olufunwas don't work out, you have a problem in terms of trusting your recruitment. As I said before, I don't like loans but a bad loan is better than a bad two-yearer.

I've stuck up for MacLean and the process this summer but if he panics this week, I'll be so disappointed.

59 minutes ago, Radford said:

I suppose the question will be if he turns out to be good (which is obviously what everyone hopes) is it because of great scouting and research, or has he got lucky with a panic signing?

You get away with signings like Mitov and Jephcott if they don't work out because they make so much sense on paper.

If too many Olufunwas don't work out, you have a problem in terms of trusting your recruitment. As I said before, I don't like loans but a bad loan is better than a bad two-yearer.

I've stuck up for MacLean and the process this summer but if he panics this week, I'll be so disappointed.

Tommy Wright recommended the Norn Irish signing, so it’d be contacts  as opposed to scouting imo 

46 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

f**k me, if that doesn't scream alarm bells to St Johnstone fans that he's well out of his depth, I dunno what will. Just seems completely defeated already and unconvincing when he tries to spearhead a positive message. 

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**k me, if that doesn't scream alarm bells to St Johnstone fans that he's well out of his depth, I dunno what will. Just seems completely defeated already and unconvincing when he tries to spearhead a positive message. 

Ive not watched it, and won't, but he wasnt great at interviews last season even while we were on the 3 wins/1 loss in 6 run.

I think hes just awkward on camera.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ive not watched it, and won't, but he wasnt great at interviews last season even while we were on the 3 wins/1 loss in 6 run.

I think hes just awkward on camera.

As always, I'll jump in with two feet without knowing the facts but he came across as a nervous wreck in that interview. First time I've actually paid attention to him so maybe just more of a shock to me.

I can see how he'd be unsuccessful in persuading players to sign for you based on that.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

As always, I'll jump in with two feet without knowing the facts but he came across as a nervous wreck in that interview. First time I've actually paid attention to him so maybe just more of a shock to me.

I can see how he'd be unsuccessful in persuading players to sign for you based on that.

Aye hes always a bit shifty/nervous looking in them, and looks like hes unsure of his words when hes not. Jamie Murphy was the same with his interviews, looked like he was about to burst into tears.

We've signed 2 players ahead of EFL clubs this season, i dont think hes putting people off signing for us. The overall state of the club over the past few years + cut wage budget this season is more of an influence on that.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's a bit monotone all of the time tbh in interviews. It's one of things I don't think is a big worry. The likes of Jack Ross talk brilliantly in interviews and we know that doesn't mean much when it comes to on the pitch 😬😂

He speaks a bit better in person away from the cameras. 

For me I can clearly see how in his head he wants to play offensively anyway. Whether or not he can get them to play that way or whether the players are good enough to play that way is are different questions. 

37 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Don’t see much wrong with the interview tbh! He’s not going to rant and rave or get over excited in a press interview ffs 

Talk about tinted lenses, jeezo!

Maybe it's just because I've had to listen to Davidson for the better part of 3 years but I didn't think that was a bad interview. We can't all be natural public speakers but think he got his points across well enough