Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I don't think he's ever played in the third tier. 

The club he was at last season are in the third tier. They weren't last season while he was there though. 

Not that it makes it any better. 

I've changed my mind, let's just sign random journeyman guys that Alan Preston has. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Its just another trial isnt it? Feel like its more common than you think and it only leaks if agents decide they want it too.

Feels similar to Krasniqi in that he probably has to really stand out to be offered anything. His CV so far doesnt really suggest he will but its like injuries hampered his top flight career.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its just another trial isnt it? Feel like its more common than you think and it only leaks if agents decide they want it too.

Feels similar to Krasniqi in that he probably has to really stand out to be offered anything. His CV so far doesnt really suggest he will but its like injuries hampered his top flight career.

We’ve enough injury prone players, send him to trial at Letham instead. 

I think the position that Sven would be covering is one that isn't necessarily a priority given the cover we have there, but we do need some more experienced bodies in there. It might also allow for some others to push forward a bit. Sort of feels like a wish version of Hallberg to me though.

The lack of consistent game time amongst the new recruits is a bit of a concern for me. The younger guys, I understand wouldn't have had much, but if we are lookimg to sign a guy who had no contract for 6 months and hasn't played much in the last 2 years, that is a bit concerning.

I can only assume that the guy from Wigan is cover for a problem position and not a solution and that more senior signings are incoming.

Once the window closes, it would be good to get an honest take of the sporoach from MacLean and/or McPherson as what is currently playing out doesn't fit with the plan laid out earlier. 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Is Luke Robinson another who has been out injured for 10 months?

Hard to know if its been injuries or not, hes only played 5 90 minute games since July 2021 though.

18 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I'm a fan of our 'sign injury-prone player as an emergency back-up for our injury-prone players' signing policy. I can't envisage any scenario where this might backfire.

It's to boost mental well-being by making sure there's always company in the physio room.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Magnificent.

I have seen someone wearing the red one but I’m guessing it was either an original player’s jersey, or one they got made themselves as I don’t think it was available to buy back when we wore it.  Could be wrong.

There was probably only about one shop in the town that sold the home one as well.

A successful strip for us. Promotion from the bottom division (87-88) then SC semi final the following season, the last at Muirton. 

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Magnificent.

I have seen someone wearing the red one but I’m guessing it was either an original player’s jersey, or one they got made themselves as I don’t think it was available to buy back when we wore it.  Could be wrong.

There was probably only about one shop in the town that sold the home one as well.

A successful strip for us. Promotion from the bottom division (87-88) then SC semi final the following season, the last at Muirton. 

I think Dunnottar.scot did a version of the red kit, very briefly. I memory serves then their version looked awful. 

ETA - just had a look there and oh my….

https://dunnottar.scot/search.php?search_query=St. Johnstone&section=product

Edited by PSJ.84