Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

And yet the bawbag thought he was too good for up here.

He's destined for the Home Counties division 7 or similar. Probably end up a team mate of Adam Morgan.

His former team, Galway United, have just been promoted back to the Irish top flight, so a Summer move there feels likely.

Be stunned if he ends up at a higher level than us.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His former team, Galway United, have just been promoted back to the Irish top flight, so a Summer move there feels likely.

Be stunned if he ends up at a higher level than us.

Strikes me as a boy who thinks a move to the premier league at 17 is him guaranteed a good level. He’s pish. I’ve tried to give him an opportunity but f**k me get him down now so he can enjoy Christmas in fuckin Burnley. 

I know it’s harsh to be too critical of children, but Costelloe fills me with an uncontrollable rage. I think the Charlie Adam interview triggered it, but it has multiplied tenfold due to his terrible performances and the recent interview where he described us as a ‘stepping stone’.

Edited by The Real Saints

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

I know it’s harsh to be to critical of children, but Costelloe fills me with an uncontrollable rage. I think the Charlie Adam interview triggered it, but it has multiplied tenfold due to his performances and the recent interview where he described us as a ‘stepping stone’.

Stepping stone to the heights of Morecambe toon mibbe

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I know it’s harsh to be too critical of children, but Costelloe fills me with an uncontrollable rage. I think the Charlie Adam interview triggered it, but it has multiplied tenfold due to his terrible performances and the recent interview where he described us as a ‘stepping stone’.

He's certaintly no Jahmal Hector-Ingram, that's for sure.

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I’m no fan of Costelloe based on his performances for us, but do we know for a fact he definitely said he thought he was too good for our level?

Is Charlie Adam really a reliable source here?!

He's the "Loans manager" at Burnley. 

He would have been the one who organised the move to Perth. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Yeah Costelloe and Turner-Cooke would be out the door if I'm in charge to be honest. Don't like the former as a footballer and Turner-Cooke feels like a bit of a waste of a wage/squad place. 

Think there's enough evidence to suggest Levein doesn't rate some players so have to suspect any of the following may be going out, in addition to the 3 young loans if Robinson is recalled due to Wigan's problems at left back. 

Jephcott - can't even get on the bench. Maybe injured I suppose but I don't think so. Given his goal record I thought he'd been good for quite a few goals but it's just really not worked out for him. 

Ballantyne - same as above, seems to have just completely fallen out of the picture after a few encouraging displays towards the end of last season (and some stinkers at the beginning of this season too). Championship teams on the hunt for an attack minded midfielder with a bit of experience and potential could do a lot worse. 

Crawford and Booth - no idea if they're injured but they're never mentioned at all either way. Can't see us being able to get shot though, why would anyone take them and why would they take pay cuts to go? 

Sad to say it but Stevie May. He's constantly on the bench but doesn't seem to get on very often now and he's got a winger playing up front ahead of him, doing what used to be May's role in the team 

I would've said Olufunwa as he's been in and out of the squad but not getting on, but he got a start out of no where tonight, so maybe not. 

Maybe Sprangler, strikes me that Levein/Kirk just don't fancy him for whatever reason, which is a real shame.

Going through the squad, there's just so much dead wood still there. Thankfully most of it is out of contract in the summer and we can start afresh, but the squad is ridiculously bloated and it's still lacking in quality beyond the 17 or 18 players Levein seems to trust enough to play. 

Like viewing it in a line up, but do we need 2 players for every position really?

Slightly out of date now Kanes extended his deal.

GBjHjiUXUAEXdgc.thumb.png.b0d378240f089f127a0a57b85972a15e.png

At most i could see Olufunwa, Booth, Ballantyne, Crawford, Turner-Cooke, Costelloe, Jaiyesimi and Jephcott out, as that still leaves us depth and we lose almost nothing in terms of contribution, and should allow a couple of attacking players in financially and space wise?

As said, no chance anyone gives Booth or Crawford anywhere near the wage we're giving them, so theyll surely stay.

I do suspect Brown may be another away after choices last couple of games.

Saturday - played Fran over him & then instead of bringing him on for Fran moved team around and moved Gallagher over

Last night - not quoted in a game he would’ve played in near enough every week since he got here

I see that one of your players was subject to some horrendous racial abuse on social media last night. 

The comment was completely disgusting and the person doing it managed to almost instantly change all their details. Utterly deplorable stuff and will continue to happen until people are held accountable for their actions online.

No one should ever be put through that.

Edited by Pens_Dark

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I see that one of your players was subject to some horrendous racial abuse on social media last night. 

The comment was completely disgusting and the person doing it managed to almost instantly change all their details. Utterly deplorable stuff and will continue to happen until people are held accountable for their actions online.

Seemingly at the game as well i was told ! from the main stand behind the dugout area ?  

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

If only they had instantly deleted their account. They doubled down and mocked being called out over it and then only deleted it once it gained a bit of traction. You just wonder what goes through someone's head to take the time to type that out, hit send and then think it is in any way clever or funny. Doesn't matter your team or how bad a tackle is, if you are of thst mindset, there is just something broken inside you.

Almost as bad is the reaction of some to claim it is a Cetic fan trying to get Rangers in trouble or folk trying the whole whataboutary nonsense. I'd imagine most sane Rangers fans wouldn't want someone like that associated with their club. 

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I see some Rangers fans have been so infuriated by being called out for racism that they’ve taken the time to investigate who our Twitter admin is, and then conducted a deep search into his decade old tweets to find him using some shocking ‘sectarian’ language. Imagine that being your first reaction to seeing an opposition player being racially abused. What a weird, weird fanbase they are.

26 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Almost as bad is the reaction of some to claim it is a Cetic fan trying to get Rangers in trouble or folk trying the whole whataboutary nonsense. I'd imagine most sane Rangers fans wouldn't want someone like that associated with their club. 

Yeah, a million times this. Some of the replies to Saints’ tweet are quite frankly revolting and a sad indictment of Scottish football. 

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah you could lose Costelloe, Turner-Cooke, Jaiyesimi and Jephcott, and with Wright/Clark back fit we'd literally see no difference.

I'd worry about CB depth without at least one of Olufunwa/McClelland though due to how shite Parker was against Stirling.

Wright won’t be fit until the end of February apparentlY so will miss a further large chunk of games. Like most others I’d literally play anyone else other than Costelloe. He could easily have got onto that kick up field by Mitov last night.  Don’t think it was even laziness or sharpness that stopped him, he simply has zero footballing intelligence. Prime MOH rounds the keeper and scores there.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

If only they had instantly deleted their account. They doubled down and mocked being called out over it and then only deleted it once it gained a bit of traction. You just wonder what goes through someone's head to take the time to type that out, hit send and then think it is in any way clever or funny. Doesn't matter your team or how bad a tackle is, if you are of thst mindset, there is just something broken inside you.

🤔

10 hours ago, NYD1997 said:

I do suspect Brown may be another away after choices last couple of games.

Saturday - played Fran over him & then instead of bringing him on for Fran moved team around and moved Gallagher over

Last night - not quoted in a game he would’ve played in near enough every week since he got here

Interestingly Aidan Smith today saying he thinks a RWB might be targetted.

Absolutely no idea if thats ITK based guesswork or just his personal opinion though.

Does state that a number of deals are already being worked on, and namechecks Jephcott and May as two who might move on if enough new attackers sign.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolutely no idea if thats ITK based guesswork or just his personal opinion though.

Does state that a number of deals are already being worked on, and namechecks Jephcott and May as two who might move on if enough new attackers sign.

It was the same from Sean Hamilton on the 'wishlist' terrace podcast earlier in the week. Don' t think it's ITK as much as a fairly obvious hole in the squad.

For me after a striker, or maybe two, CB is the next priority. We have quality but it's either at the wrong end of the age spectrum or on a loan that's a potential recall. Given we play a back 3 I think we need more depth in that area. We're only a couple of injuries / suspensions away from a pretty ropy central defence.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I am just putting 2&2 together. Chance I am getting 5, but it would all too coincidental for that. Especially as he seems a huffy p***k when he’s not getting what he wants