Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

For me after a striker, or maybe two, CB is the next priority. We have quality but it's either at the wrong end of the age spectrum or on a loan that's a potential recall. Given we play a back 3 I think we need more depth in that area. We're only a couple of injuries / suspensions away from a pretty ropy central defence.

Guess CB wise depends on Robinsons future?

If we can somehow get him signed up for next season i think id be quite happy with the plan being him first choice LCB going forward with Considine backing up.

I think RCB is maybe the issue? McGowan fine but then youre either at Olufunwa, who doesnt look ready for top flight football, or 2 players i think would struggle there and need to play in the middle (Gordon/McClelland), or Brown.

8 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

I am just putting 2&2 together. Chance I am getting 5, but it would all too coincidental for that. Especially as he seems a huffy p***k when he’s not getting what he wants

Be quite happy if youre right tbh. Hes always been a bit of a squad player but for whatever reasons hes completely dropped off a cliff this season and just gives us nothing positive.

It's the usual 10% thing in this twitter sample where 90% of Rangers fans condemn what happened and there's the 10% of maws spare room dwellers who don't operate in modern society. 

Not unique to Old Firm fans but absolutely more abundant. Evidenced in multiple forms.

Is McGrath looking likely then?  I said on here when Levein and Kirk joined that I reckoned he'd be the first name they'd go for in January.

Edit - Will be very funny if so as Brechin definitely won't win the league if he leaves in January.

Edited by TheScarf

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is McGrath looking likely then?  I said on here when Levein and Kirk joined that I reckoned he'd be the first name they'd go for in January.

Edit - Will be very funny if so as Brechin definitely won't win the league if he leaves in January.

He's only really been mentioned on here. None of the journalists that cover Saints or ITK guys have said anything. Yet.

27 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I think they've done well to keep the names of targets limited to very few. Long may that continue.

It's maybe a bit more professional now that Flaherty is away. I can see him letting things "slip" to show how important he is.

15 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Levein is right.  Scottish football would be much better off without the Bigot Brothers. 

Totally agree. They bring nothing positive to the rest of Scottish football, kill competition and I'm sure Saints won't be the only team where games vs them have the lowest home crowds. 

3 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Totally agree. They bring nothing positive to the rest of Scottish football, kill competition and I'm sure Saints won't be the only team where games vs them have the lowest home crowds. 

All true. But the bigotry and racism are the worst thing about them. 

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interestingly Aidan Smith today saying he thinks a RWB might be targetted.

Absolutely no idea if thats ITK based guesswork or just his personal opinion though.

Does state that a number of deals are already being worked on, and namechecks Jephcott and May as two who might move on if enough new attackers sign.

Bring him home.