Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

There's a post on Facebook saying someone broke their leg in the incident?

You know how these things grow arms and legs with the whispers though...

Bit of a minter reading that post earlier on. Not sure what the Dogger Saints boys had to do with it either.

21 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

he could just grow another one then?

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He did, slipped as drinks and tables came over, then someone landed on him I think.. Was in Wishaw till this morning and getting to ninewells today seemingly. His leg has to be pinned.

Edited by tree house tam

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

He did, slipped as drinks and tables came over, then someone landed on him I think.. Was in Wishaw till this morning and getting to ninewells today seemingly. His leg has to be pinned.

Yeh, caught up in it,but not trying to be in it,his leg looked terrible,tried to speed up the ambulance,for him,MD

Levein saying in the press that he's looking for a loan for McClelland. 

Bit of an exodus coming if all the names being talked about all end up leaving this month. 

13 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’m half convinced May ends up at Arbroath. Don’t ask me why, but it’s just a gut feeling. 

It's got a 7pm deadline day Martindale panic signing all over it. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

It's got a 7pm deadline day Martindale panic signing all over it. 

Could fully see it happening if you sell Anderson, tbh.

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Very envious of Kilmarnock’s signing strategy the past 12 months. 

McInnes being without a job between March 2021 and January 2022, feels like a big missed opportunity in retrospect, but the club was never likely to sack Davidson while McInnes was available even if it wasnt Brown/Flaherty deciding (he joined at the start of January, when the table was like below and we hadnt played Kelty yet)...

Screenshot_20240123_194113_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3f7c156ca3e7496275738e808301c40a.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

McInnes being without a job between March 2021 and January 2022, feels like a big missed opportunity in retrospect, but the club was never likely to sack Davidson while McInnes was available even if it wasnt Brown/Flaherty deciding (he joined at the start of January, when the table was like below and we hadnt played Kelty yet)...

Screenshot_20240123_194113_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3f7c156ca3e7496275738e808301c40a.jpg

You know you’d get sensible safe leadership, but I’m not sure how much more entertainment there’d be.

Not watched a lot of Kilmarnock this season so maybe I’m wrong, but McInnes’s sides are generally efficient over exciting.

But yes, would definitely be in a better position than we are now.

This whole excitement nonsense needs put in the bin. Saints will never be an overly exciting team in the premiership, very few teams are.

I just want a team on the park that fights like f**k and wins as many games as possible. That’s what St Johnstone should do.

Whether that’s 60% possession or 25% it’s the end result that matters. I enjoy watching Saints win. Whether they shitfest their way to that win or tiki-taka their way, doesn’t matter.

McInnes, Levein, Wright… whoever.

Issue with Davidson was he shitfested us to constant losses.

Issue with Maclean was he promised this fancy entertaining football, and couldn’t deliver wins (regardless of style).

Take me back to a season of Tommy Wright shitfesting 1-0 or 2-1 wins with none of this philosophy pish. The philosophy was doing whatever was needed for a result.

11 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

This whole excitement nonsense needs put in the bin. Saints will never be an overly exciting team in the premiership, very few teams are.

I just want a team on the park that fights like f**k and wins as many games as possible. That’s what St Johnstone should do.

Whether that’s 60% possession or 25% it’s the end result that matters. I enjoy watching Saints win. Whether they shitfest their way to that win or tiki-taka their way, doesn’t matter.

McInnes, Levein, Wright… whoever.

Issue with Davidson was he shitfested us to constant losses.

Issue with Maclean was he promised this fancy entertaining football, and couldn’t deliver wins (regardless of style).

Take me back to a season of Tommy Wright shitfesting 1-0 or 2-1 wins with none of this philosophy pish. The philosophy was doing whatever was needed for a result.

This is what we’ve regressed to; a philosophy of trying to create chances and score goals needs binned? Really?

It doesn’t have to be silky football to be exciting and entertaining.

I’ll happily watch us shitfest if we’re winning and challenging for trophies again.  But we’re not.

Our negative ‘safe’ football has seen us fight relegation for the third season in a row, and pumped in just about every cup match we’ve played, mostly against lower league teams. Because they’re generally positive and try to score whilst we fanny about waiting to see what’s going to happen.

Nobody’s talking about tiki taka football. But once (if) we’re clear of relegation, I don’t personally want to see us continue with this nothing football where we start trying to score once the opposition goes in front. We’ve had 2.5 years of it.  

Against about 60% of the teams in this league, and every cup match against lower league teams, there’s no reason at all why we shouldn’t be imposing ourselves and trying to take the game to them. 

We barely manage a couple of shots at goal per game, and that’s if we’re lucky. We sit with 5 defenders every match thinking if we don’t concede we won’t lose, instead of if we score we might win.

It started out more positive under Levein but it’s fizzled away since.