Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Sidibeh was linked with a raft of English clubs before joining us, so it wouldn't be a shock if they've kept an eye and been impressed by him at a higher level.

Be gutted if he leaves but strikers like him will never be around long as they're so in demand.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Sidibeh needs a full season (including pre season) at this level before moving anywhere. He has fucking loads to learn but has shown already that he can adapt, think he'd get lost at a higher level just now.

Be hard to think that way when you're getting £8k+ a week flashed at you with the career he's had so far.

Ikpeazu would be a good signing I think - he wasn’t a very good footballer but caused problems through his physical presence and strength. He would be a good option to partner with any of the strikers currently at the club but especially Sidibeh. 

Fingers crossed Sidibeh is here for next season and if he continues in his current form and moves on next summer then we will have been able to enjoy him for a season and can hopefully still get a good fee for him in a years time. Would be a real shame for him to move on already and probably not in his own best interests (except financially).

Losing Mitov and Sidibeh this window would turn a rebuilding job into a major one, as thats the "match winners" gone.

For the ending of any slither of doubt, Leveins interview about the cup draw confirms he'll be staying.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

sliver

Slither is the adjective I wanted to use.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

slither is a verb

You've missed the point I was making, and I can't be arsed, so just point and laugh at me so we can all move on.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've missed the point I was making, and I can't be arsed, so just point and laugh at me so we can all move on.

Not mocking at all, it's just a common mistake you see. No offence intended.

Posted (edited)

I think St Johnstone fans views on Uche are weirdly based on him tripping on the ball once.

His first season for Hearts he was excellent. Absolutely dominated centre halves, brought others into play and chipped in with a decent goals return. 2nd season he fell out of favour after Levein left and he toiled. He also struggled with refs giving him nothing and he got frustrated.

He done relatively well for a couple of seasons after us too though.  Couple of seasons in the championship including a decent  move to Middlesbrough, done ok on loan at Cardiff and moved to Turkey. 

If I were a Saints fan I'd be pretty happy with getting him in and he's a decent age too.

Edited by Tony Wonder

14 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Not mocking at all, it's just a common mistake you see. No offence intended.

I'm very much a "don't back down, double down" type, so I'd drag this out for ages if I don't stop now.

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think St Johnstone fans views on Uche are weirdly based on him tripping on the ball once.

His first season for Hearts he was excellent. Absolutely dominated centre halves, brought others into play and chipped in with a decent goals return. 2nd season he fell out of favour after Levein left and he toiled. He also struggled with refs giving him nothing and he got frustrated.

He done relatively well for a couple of seasons after us too though.  Couple of seasons in the championship including a decent  move to Middlesbrough, done ok on loan at Cardiff and moved to Turkey. 

If I were a Saints fan I'd be pretty happy with getting him in and he's a decent age too.

My first instinct with him was thinking he was about 33 tbh.

I remember Uche being very effective. He's played a lot of football in the championship since leaving Hearts too. Honestly a much higher standard of signing than I feared if it does come off. 

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Losing Mitov and Sidibeh this window would turn a rebuilding job into a major one, as thats the "match winners" gone.

Plus potentially Carey as well who is the only player we have that consistently looks like he could give them some kind of ammunition

5 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Plus potentially Carey as well who is the only player we have that consistently looks like he could give them some kind of ammunition

I understand people not liking and wanting us to release Carey - he's loses runners, doesn't track back and is 35 - but when you score 29 goals and he's got 11 direct contributions, that's a lot to try and replace in already goal-lite team 

Not trying to be negative on saints but I’m surprised how rated kimpioka seems to be. I think he looks good at times. Mainly at away games when we are sitting in and counterattacking teams (I could see him being effective against the OF etc) but any other game I really don’t see it. I think he’s dreadful on the ball and always looks uncomfortable when on it. It would give me the fear if he was our main striker going into next season. I would be delighted to be proven wrong. 

I hope Adama stays and it’s just his agent making noise. I think he’s brilliant and I’d back him to get high double figures if he had an injury free full season with us. 

10 hours ago, Jamesy96 said:

Not trying to be negative on saints but I’m surprised how rated kimpioka seems to be. I think he looks good at times. Mainly at away games when we are sitting in and counterattacking teams (I could see him being effective against the OF etc) but any other game I really don’t see it. I think he’s dreadful on the ball and always looks uncomfortable when on it. It would give me the fear if he was our main striker going into next season. I would be delighted to be proven wrong. 

I hope Adama stays and it’s just his agent making noise. I think he’s brilliant and I’d back him to get high double figures if he had an injury free full season with us. 

Kimpioka didn't look uncomfortable on the ball when running through on the keeper again County and Aberdeen.