Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

28 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I was more meaning the Cherrybank scrapper RG rather than the analyst RG  😂 I'm sure analyst RG wouldn't bite you. 

Your reply is also true about us Letham folks is still true though 😂

AHH, I forget about Roddy, mainly because he's in a cupboard and Stan throws in a couple bananas every couple of days. He'll stroll prison.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't bite pensioners.

Do they taste different?

Cannae get more bitter than you.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Do they taste different?.

Like they're full of pish.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Lewis Neilson….

I think he has potential. However, he looks like he needs to learn when to be aggressive in the air and has to work on his decision making. Not sure a young guy with potential is what you guys need just now, especially on loan. 

Good move for Neilson. Not sure it's a good move for St Johnstone.

He's big and he's good on the ball, but the basics of defending have let him down when I've seen him. Patrick Thistle fans will be more qualified to comment but I'm not sure he's ready for Premiership football.

9 minutes ago, DC92 said:

He's big and he's good on the ball, but the basics of defending have let him down when I've seen him. Patrick Thistle fans will be more qualified to comment but I'm not sure he's ready for Premiership football.

I imagine the signing allows for a better back three as I'm convinced they're unable to give up the using a back three despite it just never working. Although they maybe see it as a better way to getting the front 2 on the park and then not need as many of the useless Mcpakes and Smith's of the squad. 

Cameron Saunders Neilson

FYI for the Hearts fans we suffer from Saunders and McClelland being crap on the ball and teams know it so they just sit off and wait for one of the central defenders to gift them possession either when they try a pass into midfield or strikers feet thats easy to cut out or a punt that is nowhere near a Saints player. That's where Neilson might benefit us if he's decent on the ball?

Also by the way. Connor Smith is fucking shite. Do you want him back?

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Leveins signing policy seems to go 

wildcard, Hearts alumni, Wildcard. 

This is not a good move for us. We should not be developing another clubs player. Again. 

A loan signing is a policy I don't mind about. I'm not arsed if it's developing someone else's player as long as it's used as a method to sign players that are better than the ones we can attract on a permanent basis.

If you get better results you can then start attracting better players permanently... In theory anyway. 

Is he better than we can sign? Not seen enough of him to judge for myself. 

Sometimes easy to forget that there's no real reason to want to join Saints just now if you have options as a player, more money to be made elsewhere, Mitov aside we don't have much of a history of advancing players and moving them on to a better level successfully, we've been shite the last few years, there's nothing inspiring about the manager, we're resorting to signing dross because we've allowed ourselves to become dross as a club too

28 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I imagine the signing allows for a better back three as I'm convinced they're unable to give up the using a back three despite it just never working. Although they maybe see it as a better way to getting the front 2 on the park and then not need as many of the useless Mcpakes and Smith's of the squad. 

Cameron Saunders Neilson

FYI for the Hearts fans we suffer from Saunders and McClelland being crap on the ball and teams know it so they just sit off and wait for one of the central defenders to gift them possession either when they try a pass into midfield or strikers feet thats easy to cut out or a punt that is nowhere near a Saints player. That's where Neilson might benefit us if he's decent on the ball?

Also by the way. Connor Smith is fucking shite. Do you want him back?

Yes he's decent on the ball so maybe why he's being looked at. He is also big and quick. He's strong too but doesn't really use it to his advantage, maybe he can learn that.

Smith surprises me. He always looked decent for us if not quite top level. His loan spell at Scunthorpe was a big success too. I know it's a shite level but he stood out massively.

That said there's a difference coming in and out occasionally to a team doing reasonably well than being relied upon for a team struggling.

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Smith surprises me. He always looked decent for us if not quite top level. His loan spell at Scunthorpe was a big success too. I know it's a shite level but he stood out massively.

His attitude is his issue. Goes out the game once he's fouled once and spends the whole time moaning about it.

One of a raft of players like that in our team, who aren't half the player they think they are.

I'll feel sorry for Neilson joining us as he'll probably be another lamb to feed to the wolves. Filling the squad with the same inexperienced types and hoping they deal with the peaks and troughs of football alone.

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Yes he's decent on the ball so maybe why he's being looked at. He is also big and quick. He's strong too but doesn't really use it to his advantage, maybe he can learn that.

That said there's a difference coming in and out occasionally to a team doing reasonably well than being relied upon for a team struggling.

When he has started he has been subbed off 2-3 times at half time 😬

In one hand doesn't give him much chance to impress but also it was required because he was so bad he couldn't be allowed to remain on the park 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His attitude is his issue. Goes out the game once he's fouled once and spends the whole time moaning about it.

One of a raft of players like that in our team, who aren't half the player they think they are.

I'll feel sorry for Neilson joining us as he'll probably be another lamb to feed to the wolves. Filling the squad with the same inexperienced types and hoping they deal with the peaks and troughs of football alone.

Honestly never seen an issue with Smith's attitude, disappointing if he's went there thinking he's Billy big time. 

51 minutes ago, mizfit said:

This is not a good move for us. We should not be developing another clubs player. Again. 

Smith, Kirk and Nielson in training. 

spiderman-meme-16401651614x3.jpeg

1 hour ago, DC92 said:

The basics of defending you say?  From the midweek game, it would appear St Johnstone don’t use that anyway, so it’s not a problem.  *

*Yes I’m aware my own team’s defending was only very marginally less hilarious.  

45 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Levein has gone from signing Sidibeh, Kimpioka and Keltjens - potential unknoen gems - to now going Calum Davidson 2.0 with jobs for the boys signings. It is glaringly obvious with Connor Smith, Makenzie Kirk, and now potentially Neilson signings.  These guys are younger, but its the same worrying principle. It reeks of arrogance and / or desparation.

Genuinely think Levein needs to be sacked before he whittles away whatever player budget is left and allow a new manager to come in and make signings before window closes.

Surely Stan Harris and co can see the similarities and continued downward spiral that this is going to lead to and advise Mr Webb accordingly. As I say Davidson 2.0.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Honestly never seen an issue with Smith's attitude, disappointing if he's went there thinking he's Billy big time. 

No idea where it's come from.

I'm getting old but watching him run about with his matching sweatbands, and Josh McPake with his socks halfway down his shins, while they struggle to beat a part time defender and just wave their hands about moaning, had me raging at both.