Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Adam Webb looking into plans/costings for safe standing and starting a campaign to allow alcohol back into Scottish football. Neither of which would be my bag but think I'm in the minority, crack on Adam Webb. 

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Adam Webb looking into plans/costings for safe standing and starting a campaign to allow alcohol back into Scottish football. Neither of which would be my bag but think I'm in the minority, crack on Adam Webb. 

Drinking at games might have made the last 3 seasons a bit more bearable TBH.

12 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You should be able to have the option. I think it’s not something I’d fancy in the colder months, but a night like Monday or the east Fife game, you’d love a wee pint in the sun. 

57 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Massively on board with this. Adam clearly keen to get the mulled wines in for the bois.

5 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Why specifically that bottom section only?

The FCU don't use that section either.

If they use that section the FCU will just force their way into it, what about those that already sit there? Do they just need to move? 

I took him saying bottom end as it meaning the end of the east stand the scoreboard is at, as opposed to being closer to the pitch. 

Not being funny but this is all pointless if we get relegated.

I'd rather hear about new signings than this just now.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not being funny but this is all pointless if we get relegated.

I'd rather hear about new signings than this just now.

I think this has already been posted by several posters.

Standing, drinking low quality beer at the football means f**k all if the product is shite. That's basics, forget loaded hot dogs and mulled wine and get two quality midfielders in.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I think this has already been posted by several posters.

Standing, drinking low quality beer at the football means f**k all if the product is shite. That's basics, forget loaded hot dogs and mulled wine and get two quality midfielders in.

Yup.

The thing I liked with Webb initially was his realism and lack of bullshit, but now as the weeks go by we're getting fed more and more fan pleasing stories about what's going to happen in the future, and what he wants to happen but won't.

The manager's struggling, the squads mess, and there's a massive PR situation on the go. Combat that first before telling us you're wanting us to have pints at games please.

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

I took him saying bottom end as it meaning the end of the east stand the scoreboard is at, as opposed to being closer to the pitch. 

He spoke at the fans forum about it. 

He was referring to the bottom lower section of the stand that night.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I made my point already.

But if you go through a few of the threads on the first few pages you'll see horrific racist language being used throughoutt. You'll see people railing against immigrants - legal as well as illegal. You'll see people backing the likes of Farage and Robinson etc.

It's not a football forum anymore, it's turned into an absolute cesspit and I can only assume that if you use Dundee Mad then you already know this or also have such views. I sincerely hope it's not the latter.

Edit: Edited my post to remove even repeating some of the language being used on there because it's f**king repulsive tbh.

Went on the first page: https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38320202

Second edit: Apologies for the unrelated stuff on the St Johnstone thread lads but it now appears you've taken the mantle of 'Tommy Robinson at the football' thread on P&B.

Just scrolled through some of that thread Ludo that you have linked  and i apologise for my original comments to you earlier on in the thread.  Some that stuff is horrendous especially from the island dweller.  I  genuinely did not  know that thread was on Mad  if i did i would not posted what i did earlier on in this thread.

Aplologies also to the Saints fans on the thread as well. 

Hands up from me on this one i was defo in the wrong.

1 minute ago, tullydee said:

Just scrolled through some of that thread Ludo that you have linked  and i apologise for my original comments to you earlier on in the thread.  Some of  that stuff is horrendous especially from the island dweller.  I  genuinely did not  know that thread was on Mad  if i did i would not posted what i did earlier on in this thread.

Apologies also to the Saints fans on the thread as well. 

15 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Previous good work potentially - somewhat - undone by all of this. 

I think more of this sort of thing, and ideally as soon as possible, is a big part of the answer for Saints. They don't need to directly refer to the MacPherson stuff when doing it, and I think they'd be better not to. There are several places around Perthshire where refugees/asylum seekers are currently being housed, as well as organisations who are involved in helping them. I'd be in favour of seeing the club handing them free Ormond Stand tickets for the next home game. Not just as a good PR exercise for the club but because it would be a great way of helping to bring some of these people into the community and the club. Also helps keep the crowds beefed up so feels like a win-win.

That all said, it's perhaps a good thing that we don't actually have another home game for about three weeks.

BTW, not surprised at all to see that the worst of the comments about all this stuff seem to be on Facebook. The replies underneath the P.A.'s post about this are particularly vile. Truly nasty to think so many people with these hideous views are out there among us.

Edited by blueheaven

1 hour ago, tullydee said:

Just scrolled through some of that thread Ludo that you have linked  and i apologise for my original comments to you earlier on in the thread.  Some that stuff is horrendous especially from the island dweller.  I  genuinely did not  know that thread was on Mad  if i did i would not posted what i did earlier on in this thread.

limmy-double-down.gif.05e5c2fcd775a574798a5bb3b7987cc8.gif.4c41b5e5ad0af222234142551730d783.gif

1 hour ago, tullydee said:

Fair play! No worries at all.