Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

18 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Not overly convinced these names are based on any real info at the moment as the club have probably spoken to absolutely no one so far but even the first page most aren't going to please many Saints fans at all so I hope these are indeed wrong. 

Murray - f**k off he believes Saints should be in the Championship. Gtf

Morris - how committed would he be? Swindon didn't go well, does he know anything about the current state of football in Scotland, doubt it. 

Sheerin - for me he'd be philosophy before reality and it would cost us. 

McCabe - again, philosophy over reality.

Leven - I don't know enough to comment

Martindale - meh. Moaner

Kirk - part of the existing problem

Mcglynn - maybe?

Wright - based on hope would please many

Neil - never happening. Will still be coining in from Stoke 10k a week. 

Thomson - I see absolutely no reason why he'd be anywhere near a candidate. Managing Kelty when they were spending waaaaay above anyone else doesn't give you a CV worth reading. 

Please take Martindale 🙏 

1 hour ago, East Calder Lion said:

Please take Martindale 🙏 

That was the old regime and he was a manager thought of as someone to keep things going till the sale, much like Levein.

New owners, new outlook. I wouldn't expect the interviews to be anything like the names spouted by so called journalists or bookies.

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

He can f**k off. 

Bring back Levein over him. Levein might be miserable but he's not a bellend like him. 

Gives off the vibe of one of those who alienates players by being a p***k as well. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

55 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He can f**k off. 

Bring back Levein over him. Levein might be miserable but he's not a bellend like him. 

Gives off the vibe of one of those who alienates players by being a p***k as well. 

Aye. See a Dumbarton fan saying he never even told the club he'd accepted a job with St Mirren, and the first the club heard about it was when St Mirren announced it.

Seems like, character wise, hes the opposite of what we want.

6 minutes ago, g martin said:

Aye get a nice lad in that will be your friend and respond to your fan mail. Who cares how good they are at managing a team.

Yeah, there's a middle ground between that type of person and an absolute dickhead who said he thinks we belong in the 2nd tier.

If Murray was a good manager you'd overlook it but he seems tactically dense and unable to build a balanced squad, so it's not really worth putting up with.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

If Murray was a good manager you'd overlook it...

I wouldn't. He's possibly the only one that's a very hard no for me. You can't be our manager when you've come out with the stuff he did about essentially belonging in the second tier.

15 minutes ago, Radford said:

I wouldn't. He's possibly the only one that's a very hard no for me. You can't be our manager when you've come out with the stuff he did about essentially belonging in the second tier.

Was meaning the dickhead part where fans won't like him from the start. See also the suggestion on WAP of Steve Evans.

49 minutes ago, g martin said:

Aye get a nice lad in that will be your friend and respond to your fan mail. Who cares how good they are at managing a team.

We have Adam Webb for that!

Ian Murray bottled the championship and then his team were embarrassed in the playoffs!

Both St Mirren and Airdries fortunes greatly improved after he left. I honestly don’t know what he has done to be strongly linked to the job (actually I do know, he played for rangers, and we know that makes you over qualified to manage a diddy team)

1 minute ago, LarsGunnar Carlstrands Dog said:

Ian Murray bottled the championship and then his team were embarrassed in the playoffs!

They finished as runners-up to a Dundee United side with a far bigger budget, and obtained a points tally that was more than any of the previous five champions.

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They finished as runners-up to a Dundee United side with a far bigger budget, and obtained a points tally that was more than any of the previous five champions.

The way they went about that is the issue for me.

20 of their 69pts came with goals in the final 10 minutes when Murray was simply chucking attackers onto the park. They'd regularly finish with a frontline of about 4 or 5 players.

Once that stopped working in the 2nd half of the season they never done anything to resolve it, then he got embarrassed trying the same approach v County.

He just seems incredibly naive tactically and I could see is getting thumped constantly by top flight sides who can actually counter attack.

14 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Saints fans objections aren't ability related. 

They're because of his attitude towards the club and now he wants the job cause he got the sack? 

Was quite happy to belittle Saints prior cause he arrogant enough to think his team were going to go up.

This is why I'd be fine ignoring any manager from, or in, Scotland tbh.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is why I'd be fine ignoring any manager from, or in, Scotland tbh.

Sorry, but that's poor. There's plenty of dickheads in the Scottish management game admittedly, but there's also some good ones.

1 minute ago, The Marly said:

Sorry, but that's poor. There's plenty of dickheads in the Scottish management game admittedly, but there's also some good ones.

Not meaning they'd all be arseholes, just i think the idea we're a side who should be happy to just play in the top flight, and who should treat avoiding relegation as an achievement, is probably pretty rife amongst Scottish managers.

I'd rather someone came in with the mindset of not caring what our "level" is compared to other clubs and just wanting to push for the best possible.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not meaning they'd all be arseholes, just i think the idea we're a side who should be happy to just play in the top flight, and who should treat avoiding relegation as an achievement, is probably pretty rife amongst Scottish managers.

I'd rather someone came in with the mindset of not caring what our "level" is compared to other clubs and just wanting to push for the best possible.

Pretty much every manager outwith the arse cheeks regards avoiding relegation as their top priority. This does not mean they will “settle “ for that or not push to be the best possible. They are professionals and know that the more successful they are with a club like ours, the better the chance of advancing their career. Owen Coyle, Derek McInnes and Steve Lomas moved on to England after various degrees of success with us