Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

We really do fall short when it comes to contracts..There should have been talks months ago to find out if he wanted to stay,what he was asking for,if he would have signed a years extension etc etc..If he was wanting to stay and his demands were reasonable start negotiations..If not,then start planning to bring in a replacement ,ideally on a PCA.

Farting about a couple of months before his contract is up knowing that he can sign a PCA  with another club tomorrow is just bad management.

42 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Dingwall is like a Tropicana this week. No snow. Not much wind. Wee bit of rain. Get yer arses up.

image.png.898f2215011cc30ebb02c7ebc024e24d.png

I know between now and Saturday a forecast could and probably will change but 7oc is bloody tropical compared to Perth so far the last few days!!

Rain right around kick off. Perfect for getting soaked between pump and ground if it comes on before 3! 

Also, my arse is going up. Staying in Inverness on Friday. Is there any dog friendly pubs in Dingwall?!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

4 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

We really do fall short when it comes to contracts.

Not this argument again.  The club tries within its means. It signed up our most promising player just two months ago. As for Drey, Brown was asked about him last summer and said Wright's agent wouldn't have talked to Saints and that clubs down south would be all over him if he rediscovered his form.

Of course, Drey hasn't rediscovered any form and clubs down south aren't all over him. Talented though he is, Drey has done nothing for a year.  I'm surprised Tommy is doing his agent's job for him.

6 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Not this argument again.  The club tries within its means. It signed up our most promising player just two months ago. As for Drey, Brown was asked about him last summer and said Wright's agent wouldn't have talked to Saints and that clubs down south would be all over him if he rediscovered his form.

Of course, Drey hasn't rediscovered any form and clubs down south aren't all over him. Talented though he is, Drey has done nothing for a year.  I'm surprised Tommy is doing his agent's job for him.

"Wrights agent wouldn't have even talked to Saints in the summer"

As Broon is quoted as saying, says to me the way I read it anyway, is that he never even asked the question.

1 hour ago, Mr Heliums said:

Wow talk about missing the point !

Go back and read my whole post.

2 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Wow talk about missing the point !

Go back and read my whole post.

Sorry – I just wasn't  sure of the point you were making. If it's claiming the club is 'farting about', that's a big call to make without the faintest clue of whether negotiations have taken place, what the player's demands are, whether Drey wanted to leave it until after the winter break, or even if he wants to stay up here at all.

If it was that we always 'fall short with contracts' or are guilty of 'bad management', recent history tells you that we weren't slow to sign up the club's most valuable asset on a long-term deal just two months ago. That isn't evidence of an endemic problem. There's clearly a reason why certain players haven't signed up yet. I don't know why that is, but blame doesn't always have to lie at the door of the club.

1 hour ago, Mr Heliums said:

Sorry – I just wasn't  sure of the point you were making. If it's claiming the club is 'farting about', that's a big call to make without the faintest clue of whether negotiations have taken place, what the player's demands are, whether Drey wanted to leave it until after the winter break, or even if he wants to stay up here at all.

If it was that we always 'fall short with contracts' or are guilty of 'bad management', recent history tells you that we weren't slow to sign up the club's most valuable asset on a long-term deal just two months ago. That isn't evidence of an endemic problem. There's clearly a reason why certain players haven't signed up yet. I don't know why that is, but blame doesn't always have to lie at the door of the club.

Oh Please. Save the propoganda dude..Last Summer was a complete embarrassment..We were a laughing stock and no wonder,the whole window was a farce.This window was slightly better but still showing a fair amount of bumbling amateurism.The club needs to put more planning into negotiations.Are you seriously trying to tell me that neither Wright or his agent were prepared to have an interim conversation before now.? If that is so,then they should have been given an ultimatum.Talk, or walk at the end of the season.That would give us plenty time to look for a replacement.Perhaps if we took a tougher line, agents would show us a bit more respect.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

So Kirsten says we can't offer Drey a contract until we know what league we'll be in? 

No Kirsten, you can, you just ask Tommy which players he doesn't want and add that onto Dreys salary, with a relegation clause obviously. 

Why don’t we use her salary? Her appointment seems to have done nothing positive.

23 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

So Kirsten says we can't offer Drey a contract until we know what league we'll be in? 

No Kirsten, you can, you just ask Tommy which players he doesn't want and add that onto Dreys salary, with a relegation clause obviously. 

Nice to know that, despite two transfer windows that have been complete disasters, those at the top still refuse to believe what they're doing is wrong and needs changed.

Pathetic.

Getting a little fed up of this. 

Club run quite amateurish but they just don't learn. It gets worse not better. We've effectively employed her to run the club exactly the same as Brown does. What's the point? 

Just makes me feel like why bother - no wonder people don't bother coming along anymore. Club still believe it's not their fault though. 

. He's a key player. Stop fucking about.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.