Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just putting the hex on us and putting it out there, but Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs and Kilmarnock are all inactive today, and Livingston play at Ibrox.

If we win and Livingston lose to Rangers, we'll be 7th, and only 8 points off 3rd place.

40 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:
2 hours ago, tree house tam said:
Pffft. Second tier?
We don't really need second tier strikers.

True. I was making the point that some of the names you mentioned played all or most of their time at saints at that level though

I know, I know . They were all  better footballers than Kane though. 

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just putting the hex on us and putting it out there, but Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hibs and Kilmarnock are all inactive today, and Livingston play at Ibrox.

If we win and Livingston lose to Rangers, we'll be 7th, and only 8 points off 3rd place.

Rangers v Livingston off, chance for us to go level with points with hibs in 6th place

Mental what a turnaround this seasons been so far 

18 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Rangers v Livingston off, chance for us to go level with points with hibs in 6th place

Its crazy. We'll end up 5th then lose TW to Northern Ireland.

Story of many of our seasons with long poor spells and long good spells.
Imagine where a whole season of consistently playing well would leave us.

9 hours ago, mizfit said:

I thought May was finished lads?
Slowly coming out of his shell, hopefully he’ll be even better next season.

We appear to have cleansed the McInnes/Aberdeen off him now. Have to do the same with Kennedy in 18 months time or so no doubt. 

Based on this...

And the Ross County fan who claimed all St Johnstone ever do is sign ageing, clogger, journeymen. Heres the current squad, ignoring loanees, broken down by the age they first joined us at...

Come through the Academy

Zander Clark, Jason Kerr, Ali McCann, Chris Kane, Stevie May

Signed at 23 or under

Wallace Duffy, Scott Tanser, Steven Anderson, Liam Gordon, Jamie McCart, Drey Wright, Murray Davidson, Liam Craig, David Wotherspoon, Michael O'Halloran, Callum Hendry

Over 23

Elliot Parish, Callum Booth, Danny Swanson

14 hours ago, mizfit said:

I thought May was finished lads?
Slowly coming out of his shell, hopefully he’ll be even better next season.

Stevie May in 2020

Games: 8

Minutes: 554

Goals: 4

Assists: 2

Goal every 138 minutes/Goal involvement every 92 minutes

EQ2QlpPWAAE_iSL?format=jpg&name=small

Based on this...
And the Ross County fan who claimed all St Johnstone ever do is sign ageing, clogger, journeymen. Heres the current squad, ignoring loanees, broken down by the age they first joined us at...
Come through the Academy
Signed at 23 or under
Wallace Duffy, Scott Tanser, Steven Anderson, Liam Gordon, Jamie McCart, Drey Wright, Murray Davidson, Liam Craig, David Wotherspoon, Michael O'Halloran, Callum Hendry
Over 23

There's a wealth of talent in some of the older under groups just now, whether or not they go on to become anything is another matter entirely but for their level there is a few real prospects, probably in the 14-15-16 groups.

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

When do the ticket details come out for the Celtic cup game?

I was thinking similar re Ayr game. I think we heard the Tuesday of the week before in the end. 

Out of curiosity have all the other ties managed to arrange/agree and announce pricing for it? 

2 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Based on this...
Come through the Academy
Signed at 23 or under
Over 23

There's a wealth of talent in some of the older under groups just now, whether or not they go on to become anything is another matter entirely but for their level there is a few real prospects, probably in the 14-15-16 groups.

I was disappointed that Euan O'Reilly picked another bad injury on loan to Airdrie.He has been at the club since he was 13 and looked a real prospect.I hope this does not lead to him being released at the end of the season