Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Jesus Ludo this is fairly brutal even by your low standards.

Livi who've always given the OF 3 stands, and Accies who only have just over half the Main Stand for their own fans against either cheek?

Otherwise, interesting point.

I stand corrected then.

Comparable sized clubs, easy decision to make.

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Ludo used to be mentioned as the Dees version of Random. That is an absolute travesty imo, Random is a far far superior poster. It's like comparing the Dees against St Johnstone, the difference is so vast it's embarrassing. 

Too far.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm quite surprised at the St Johnstone fan reaction on social media. Good to see that the majority on here see the situation for what it is but there's some amount of happy clapping pelters in your support. Some Samantha woman basically praising the board for this and thanking the club for the 'opportunity' for her to encourage some non-Saints fans to the game for a change. Not even an ounce of sarcasm.

You need to ask yourselves how can the likes of Accies and Livi compete without selling their souls. Such a St Mirren-esque move.

Mmmmmm the sweet smell of......

Screenshot_20190822-224847.png

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

You need to ask yourselves how can the likes of Accies and Livi compete without selling their souls. Such a St Mirren-esque move.

"Tony Macaroni Arena"

"Simple Digital Arena"

"Fountain of Youth Stadium"

Not forgetting the "Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park"

Edited by Mr Heliums

21 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

"Tony Macaroni Arena"

"Simple Digital Arena"

"Fountain of Youth Stadium"

Not forgetting the "Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park"

Are you seriously comparing name sponsorship to giving another club 3 quarters of your stadium?

I'm quite surprised at the St Johnstone fan reaction on social media. Good to see that the majority on here see the situation for what it is but there's some amount of happy clapping pelters in your support. Some Samantha woman basically praising the board for this and thanking the club for the 'opportunity' for her to encourage some non-Saints fans to the game for a change. Not even an ounce of sarcasm.
Hamilton dinnae have three stands to give them ya walloper.

3 hours ago, The Marly said:
14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hamilton dinnae have three stands to give them ya walloper.

Who said they did?

49 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

How many stands will you be giving Arbroath in your big game next week ? 😂

Probably a section of 1.

Realised today that Chris Kane has the almost exact same goal-scoring record in his career as former england "striker" Emile Heskey, a player Lee McCulloch described as a "phenomenon" and winner of 62 caps. (And 7 goals!)

Heskey - 633 games, 130 goals - 0.205

Kane - 176 games, 36 goals - 0.204 

Kano to step it up a bit more to catch up with the big man though. 

Edited by Doctor

11 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Can I just say a quick thanks guys for Matty Kennedy.

His second half and extra time performance last night justified the dosh we gave you in January

Thanks again lads

Tbf it looks like everyone won out of that deal.

17 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

His second half and extra time performance last night justified the dosh we gave you in January

Thanks again lads

And thank you. We're a much better team without Kennedy. That's no slight on him - without Kennedy we're not just constantly trying to get the ball to one player and hoping that he can make something happen. The rest of the team are stepping up and taking responsibility.

Was a massive gamble but it looks like we'll stay up with a bit to spare now, which means it has paid off.

31 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Thanks again lads

Thanks for taking him.In the seven games since he left we have won four and drawn two, our only loss was against Celtic.Good player but I'm sure Del will knock that out of him and look forward to his return sometime next year.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee