Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Theres always been a niggling feeling he would want back South at the end of his contract, regardless of how it was going.

Bristol Rovers seems like an absolutely shite move tbh, but money overwhelms logic sometimes.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres always been a niggling feeling he would want back South at the end of his contract, regardless of how it was going.

Bristol Rovers seems like an absolutely shite move tbh, but money overwhelms logic sometimes.

Bristol is a decent place tbh, Rovers are a decent sized club too. I fucking hate the name Rovers though, used to play for Perth Rovers U14s, decent side, shite name.

Was George Williams not a bit like that aswell? 

Looked a quality creative player but in reality it just never seemed to actually come off for them.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was George Williams not a bit like that aswell? 

Looked a quality creative player but in reality it just never seemed to actually come off for them.

Couldn't score to save himself. 

Went down to Forrest Green and started scoring absolute screamers. Broke his leg though 😬

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

He won't be here next season. 

Matty Kennedy will be back in January though, so we'll just need someone to compete with Wotherspoon/MOH until then.

Whilst I acknowledge Wright’s output numbers are absolutely woeful, he’s fantastic to watch on full flight. Some of his tricks and spins are outstanding, for that alone I’d be sad to see him go.

We won’t miss his overall contribution, but he at least provides some excitement. Quickly followed by shanking a cross out of play. [emoji23]

2020/2021 Squad

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark (27) -2022

12. Elliot Parish (29) – 2021

45. Ross Sinclair (18) – 2021

Defenders

2. Wallace Duffy (20) -2021

23. Liam Gordon (24) - 2021

15. Jason Kerr (22) – 2022

4. Jamie McCart (22) – 2022

3. Scott Tanser (25) – 2021

Midfielders

10. David Wotherspoon (30) - 2021

18. Ali McCann (20) - 2023

Forwards

17. Michael O'Halloran (29) – 2021

14. Stevie May (27) – 2021

22. Callum Hendry (22) - 2022 

Given it's only February, next season's squad looks pretty decent. Most of our best players already signed up for next season at the very least and the contract renewals that are outstanding (Wright excepted) surely wont present too much trouble for us.

9 minutes ago, The Marly said:
2 hours ago, tree house tam said:
Bristol is a decent place tbh, Rovers are a decent sized club too. I fucking hate the name Rovers though, used to play for Perth Rovers U14s, decent side, shite name.

Bristol is a fucking shitehole.

Compared to Perth, Bristol is paradise. 

They do talk funny and are quite rough in general but that's the people.

Are we all assuming Wright is away, or has there been more on the Bristol Rovers story?  Is it possible Its agent concocted to strengthen their bargaining position?

If he goes he goes, but I'd like him to stay. He's exciting to watch and does cause problems for teams, though his end product needs to be much better.  He's also more of an all-rounder than Swanson or MOH, as he contributes a lot defensively.

Signing a known quantity is preferable to having to gamble on someone new.  It's one less position to worry about if we get him signed up.  He's a good player at our level, and it means we can put all our efforts into strengthening 2 or 3 other positions in the summer.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

2020/2021 Squad

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark (27) -2022

12. Elliot Parish (29) – 2021

45. Ross Sinclair (18) – 2021

Defenders

2. Wallace Duffy (20) -2021

23. Liam Gordon (24) - 2021

15. Jason Kerr (22) – 2022

4. Jamie McCart (22) – 2022

3. Scott Tanser (25) – 2021

Midfielders

10. David Wotherspoon (30) - 2021

18. Ali McCann (20) - 2023

Forwards

17. Michael O'Halloran (29) – 2021

14. Stevie May (27) – 2021

22. Callum Hendry (22) - 2022 

Given it's only February, next season's squad looks pretty decent. Most of our best players already signed up for next season at the very least and the contract renewals that are outstanding (Wright excepted) surely wont present too much trouble for us.

I don't know how true this is but I was told by someone who is normally pretty reliable that Rooney has signed a PC..We were negotiating with Inverness to bring McCart in during the January window and agreed not to announce it until the end of the season as Inverness did not want it announced on top of losing two first choice defenders already.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee