Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, The Marly said:

We are at home in the second leg aren't we?

Aye. Sure restrictions are lifted on the 9th, and home leg due for the 12th. Should be a full crowd you'd have thought.

Would have felt more confident against Rapid/Sparta.
2nd leg at home on the 12th, hopefully get full crowd in for that.
It's actually a good draw for us. If we lose this round we assume our opponents' seeding for the Conference play off draw. This would give us a higher seeding.

6 minutes ago, The Marly said:
11 minutes ago, Shipa said:

It's actually a good draw for us. If we lose this round we assume our opponents' seeding for the Conference play off draw. This would give us a higher seeding.

I think from my reading of it, if we end up playing PSV we would definitely be seeded for the Conference League playoff draw. If its Galatasaray we would need the seeding coefficient to shift slightly. Right now it looks like 18+ coefficient points would be seeded. Galatasary are 17. It wouldn't be much of a shift - maybe two or three seeded teams dropping out or being in a different competition - but it would still require results to go our way.

12 minutes ago, The Marly said:
16 minutes ago, Shipa said:

It's a brilliant draw. Galatasaray will get pumped by PSV and we will pump them too. We're in Europe till Christmas with a cool €3.5M in our pockets, guaranteed. 

10 minutes ago, The Marly said:
15 minutes ago, Shipa said:

Good shout. 

I presume its seeded v unseeded in the Conference play off draw though. I also presumed if we did lose this tie by inheriting their coefficient then we'd be seeded regardless cause they'd all be half decent. Pretty much Guaranteed the seeding though should be get knocked out. EDIT - MY ASSUMPTION IS WRONG AS EXPLAINED BY JAMIE B ABOVE. 

Gutted we cant go without it being a bit of a ball ache but still looking forward to a belter of a day for the home leg. HOPEFULLY. 

Wee bit gutted away fans wont be allowed entry either. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

14 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm sure if there isn't any feasible way of making the away leg our 'eses  brothers' will be there for us.

Turkey is not blocking entry from UK passport holders but its on Scotland's red list so if people really did want to go then at the moment its a compulsory hotel stay on return. Some may call that feasible but unfortunately not for most of us.

Would then probably need to find a ticket amongst the home fans. Unsure how safe that would be...

If its PSV. No entry allowed. 

Would then probably need to find a ticket amongst the home fans. Unsure how safe that would be...

Just sit near the front and be prepared to run into the pitch after Rooney heads in the winner.

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

Is the seeding that much of an issue? It appears that we are the seeded team here and PSV/Gala are not so doesn't always mean we will be the stronger team

Depends if they seed via coefficient or not. 

All teams on our side of the draw were seeded automatically.

11 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Turkey is not blocking entry from UK passport holders but its on Scotland's red list so if people really did want to go then at the moment its a compulsory hotel stay on return. Some may call that feasible but unfortunately not for most of us.

If its PSV. No entry allowed. 

It's the quarantine that's putting myself off. The going in the home end doesn't bother me, I can speak tourist turkish and quite often get mistaken for one when I'm over there.

13 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Is the seeding that much of an issue? It appears that we are the seeded team here and PSV/Gala are not so doesn't always mean we will be the stronger team

This is the set up for the conference league round, seems a decent difference in quality between the seeded and unseeded sides I think?

Definitely a decent chance if we could drop into that round and be seeded.

Screenshot_20210719-131841_Chrome.thumb.jpg.458ec00083866c7df4c0f18a015767bf.jpg

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the set up for the conference league round, seems a decent difference in quality between the seeded and unseeded sides I think?

Definitely a decent chance if we could drop into that round and be seeded.

Screenshot_20210719-131841_Chrome.thumb.jpg.458ec00083866c7df4c0f18a015767bf.jpg

Based on that facing PSV would guarantee us being seeded. 

If we face Galatasaray as it stands we'd be the joint 3rd highest unseeded side in terms of coefficient for that draw.