Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Thank goodness we've held off for quality, otherwise we'd be signing 20 year forwards with 35 first team appearances to their name and no goals

He cannot be the answer, but we need the bodies in and I suspect he will be costing Saints next to nothing, so won't be eating into the budget. Even if we use his pace for last 15 mins of games to stretch the opposition or be an outball, then he will be worthwhile. I suspect he is the backup/challenge to Carey more than anything else.

I still expect another attacking player this week or early next. 

If he has pace then at least that's something... 

We just watched a fairly limited but pacey centre forward run rings round us on Saturday... 🤷‍♂️

If he can be an out ball into a channel now and again and we can get up the park to play a bit more in the final third then fine by me. 5+ goals this season then that would be reasonable. 

At the moment we're easy to play against due to our inability to play through teams so maybe this will help. 

I hope it bloody does!!!

McLennan showed us pace without ability means next to nothing, as teams still dont need to worry too much about you.

Ive never heard of this boy before today to comment on him though.

8 minutes ago, Radford said:

Enough minutes played to radar him? @RandomGuy.

Seems like hes played 700+ in both Ireland and for Bradford, so he should appear twice. 

Scrap that, Irish data doesnt go back to 2019.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Left is compared to wingers, right is compared to strikers. His time was kind of split over both which usually boosts the ball carrier score in striker ones and goal threat in winger ones.

costra.thumb.png.03864d44100b55b670dd6db3f0c243b7.png

3 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

These people need to understand we are currently like a cracked out jakey however, floundering in a ballpit of shit and requiring street fighters to pull us out of it.

Aye.

I'm hoping our next signing is a 6ft5 striker called Gunther McStabbie.

"I've never heard of St Johnstone before but I've heard they need fighters and I'll do anything for a scrap", before itching the stump where his nose used to be.

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

These people need to understand we are currently like a cracked out jakey however, floundering in a ballpit of shit and requiring street fighters to pull us out of it.

This is where my head’s at. I get all the clichés about profiles of players we’ve signed so far, potential etc etc, but how many are going to be up for a relegation fight?

We need a few horrible b*****ds that’ll take teammates by the throat for not stamping on an opponents head when they get the chance.

There’s not enough of them in our squad.

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

This is where my head’s at. I get all the clichés about profiles of players we’ve signed so far, potential etc etc, but how many are going to be up for a relegation fight?

We need a few horrible b*****ds that’ll take teammates by the throat for not stamping on an opponents head when they get the chance.

There’s not any of them in our squad.

FTFY

Link: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/4639450/st-johnstone-need-to-modernise-their-recruitment-structure-for-the-long-term-says-steven-maclean/

Probably no coincidence that MacLean has gone down this route on the same day he's brought in a kid on loan from Burnley to fill a targeted position.

The problem is we are almost throwing a dead man a life vest now. I'm certainly not throwing in the towel two games into the season but the time for this structure was long before now. Tommy Wright was asking for it 5 years ago.

The reason is two-fold. If we do go down then these sort of roles are the first to go as part of cost-cutting but also, St Johnstone in the Championship don't need a recruitment structure, we have the capacity to just sign the best players available for that sort of level. It's in the Premiership that it is so much more vital to us.

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Based on the fact the media down there said there wasn't any add one I have doubts there was ever any. 

Another Guidi spin of bullshit to try and appease the fans?

The best part of the McCann saga was them quietly announcing the Macpherson loan 20 minutes later.