Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Our start to 2019-20 season was very similar. We went to the mirrens in our 9th game still without a win, were comfortably second best and lost, leaving us bottom on 4 points. 

2019-20:

IMG_8985.jpeg.924a3df750f100206d62d76505100bcc.jpeg

IMG_8986.jpeg.917d6f6ab35a0c6381a2ecf16551700b.jpeg

now:

IMG_8984.jpeg.78ef313d055d0bcf342dcdab5ce187f8.jpeg

IMG_8987.jpeg.590dc85c0312a0a2963cb10ff6a85670.jpeg

The difference then was Tommy had experience and a lot of credit in the bank with the support, and still had a couple of better players to come back in. 
This year most Saints fans feel we’re down already, it’s a completely unproven bunch of players with a lack of leaders in there. 

I don’t agree with Maclean about lack of fight yesterday. I think the players are trying, though completely agree about crosses/ balls into the box; we barely get close to them let alone win them.  I feel our problem is tactically poor and/or players that simply aren’t good enough.

Back then we won our next two home games v Accies and Hearts to start a slow improvement. I’d give Maclean the next two matches then make the decision following those.

Getting Wallace Duffy away from the first team helped the 19/20 season massively didnt it? James Brown is in that category just now i guess.

We could also call on Craig and Muzz to come in and settle things, with proper golden boys like McCann and Hendry driving the team on alongside your Wotherspoons and Wrights.

This squads a long way from that one, as is the manager.

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Relegation and then becoming a B team for Luton Town or something.

What a life.

:lol:

19 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Not even going to be a funny relegation like Dundee United just worse that every team & lose 2/3-0 every week.

Can we not interest you guys to roll out Roddy Grant for some laughs?

Potentially three new grounds for me next season if we do get relegated.

Assuming Dundee Oranges win the championship, and Falkirk win the league below, then 3 new ones, play-off outcome dependent.

The premiership has been stale for a while so maybe it’s time to explore a new adventure. Like a gap year (or 7). 

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Potentially three new grounds for me next season if we do get relegated.

Assuming Dundee Oranges win the championship, and Falkirk win the league below, then 3 new ones, play-off outcome dependent.

The premiership has been stale for a while so maybe it’s time to explore a new adventure. Like a gap year (or 7). 

Was just pondering what the division could look like funnily enough.

Airdrie

Arbroath

Ayr

Dunfermline

Partick Thistle

Queens Park

Raith

St Johnstone

Then two from ICT/Morton/Falkirk/Hamilton

Actually thats kind of shite, assuming Queens Park are still at Hampden then I've managed them all somehow.

Edited by RandomGuy.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He (allegedly) assaulted someone in a pub last year and I'm sure is due in court over it soon.

Oh Roddy :(.

Dear, sweet, Roddy. Your mother said you should quit the drink. You're in your 50's son, it's time to settle down. Enjoy your twilight years.

8 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Oh Roddy :(.

Dear, sweet, Roddy. Your mother said you should quit the drink. You're in your 50's son, it's time to settle down. Enjoy your twilight years.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/11076682/st-johnstone-legend-trial-date-five-years-prison/

There's rumours of him being provoked/defending himself but I wasn't there so have zero clue if true. What he allegedly did though doesn't sound great either. Which I'm definitely not going to post online!!

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was just pondering what the division could look like funnily enough.

Airdrie

Arbroath

Ayr

Dunfermline

Partick Thistle

Queens Park

Raith

St Johnstone

Then two from ICT/Morton/Falkirk/Hamilton

Actually thats kind of shite, assuming Queens Park are still at Hampden then I've managed them all somehow.

Being in the division below with Patrick, Dunfermline, Airdrie, Falkirk, Morton, Raith Rovers and Ayr is very reminiscent of the last season at Muirton in 1988. 
It was our first season back up after 3 years in the bottom tier; some cracking competitive matches and some big crowds. 

We also are joint top for second tier titles in Scottish football history, so a relegation would give us the chance to take the outright title!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_winners_of_the_Scottish_Championship_and_predecessors