Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Feel we don’t need to rush the new manager decision quite so much now.

Unless there’s something in the offing, I’d be tempted to give Cleland the next two home games (Motherwell then County) to keep some momentum going.  We then have a two week break where the new manager could get a bit of time to work with the players.

County play Celtic before coming to McDiarmid in 10 days. If we beat Motherwell, there’s every chance we’ll play county with a chance to climb above them, which sounds crazy after the start we’ve had.

Nah, not for me.

Last night was great but there was still a lot of issues and a better side than Kilmarnock take at least a point from it. Going a man down helped as we could just sit in and block space but before that we'd seen players getting dragged about a bit. Every set play seemed to have a man free too. It felt like emotion dragged that win out rather than us suddenly not being as flawed.

New manager in and given two winnable home games to start with is ideal.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Alex Cleland would surely have made a better appointment than McLean, if for no other reason than he looks like he’s enjoying himself.  

Is he not interested in it?  Or would that be too “like for like”?

Not in any way suggesting he should be our next manager, but his basic communication skills are light years ahead of Davidson and MacLean put together.

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Alex Cleland would surely have made a better appointment than McLean, if for no other reason than he looks like he’s enjoying himself.  

Is he not interested in it?  Or would that be too “like for like”?

Cant see them appointing from within, again, tbh.

Cleland apparently applied for a few jobs years back but nothing seemed to come from it, so presumably he at one stage wanted to be a manager, but im unsure if he'd want to jump straight in as a top flight one. He also maybe just enjoys the life of a coach thats virtually guaranteed a job for life now, and you couldn't really blame him.

Im sure hes spoken about the Saints job in the past but i cant find the quotes now.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cant see them appointing from within, again, tbh.

Cleland apparently applied for a few jobs years back but nothing seemed to come from it, so presumably he at one stage wanted to be a manager, but im unsure if he'd want to jump straight in as a top flight one. He also maybe just enjoys the life of a coach thats virtually guaranteed a job for life now, and you couldn't really blame him.

Im sure hes spoken about the Saints job in the past but i cant find the quotes now.

He was a candidate for Raith I think when they appointed McGlynn. 

Im sure he also said he immediately rejected the job when Tommy Left. Said he’d help with the new manager but didn’t want it.

18 hours ago, ATLIS said:

His last one expired and we've kept it rolling monthly, he said he wasn't bothered and would've preferred that the club sorted out the takeover first

He isn't paying players out of his own wage, not a clue where that's come from. We've said he's not going and I'd expect it to be the end of the matter - I can't see it developing any further

it was a few weeks ago TBH. I was at a factory visit in Livingstone and it was mentioned then when we having a discussion on football matters over lunch!