Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Someone might want to tell Stuart Kettlewell that his information is totally wrong! Always reassuring to know other managers appear to pay as little attention to us as the media. 

IMG_2370.jpeg

Connor Smith gone from 50 to 21 in the latest photos too, wonder if that suggests he's also seen as playing more of a part?

Levein-ball taking shape.

Rae

Keltjens - McClelland - Sanders - Douglas

C.Smith - M.Smith - MacPherson - Kucheriavyi - McPake

Ikpeazu 

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Connor Smith gone from 50 to 21 in the latest photos too, wonder if that suggests he's also seen as playing more of a part?

Rae

Ikpeazu 

Bottom of The Championship quality

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rae

Ikpeazu 

I’m no fan of Levein or his style of play but there is no chance that team ever takes the field for us. Firstly don’t think we’ll sign Barry Douglas (although I think he’d be a good addition) and secondly even Levein wouldn’t play that midfield. Stop scaremongering 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rae

C.Smith - M.Smith - MahecPherson - Kucheriavyi - McPake

Ikpeazu 

They all had numbers up north ,not sure how relatable they are at this point,by memory some were different Fri/sat

2 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

Suggestions we might be taking Lewis Neilson on loan from Hearts.

Can't help but feel we desperately need experience in the backline before we bring in younger talent, regardless of how highly they're rated.

He played as a holding midfielder a fair bit there, I think.

38 minutes ago, Radford said:

Zero reflection on what Lewis Neilson is or isn't like as a player but we are crying out for experience at centre back and he clearly doesn't have that.

Correct. There's a reason we loaned him last year and would probably be open to doing so again this year and it's to get exposure to what he currently doesn't have.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Zero reflection on what Lewis Neilson is or isn't like as a player but we are crying out for experience at centre back and he clearly doesn't have that.

Surely the base budget for this season has been set no matter what stage the takeover is at? 

I know we've been losing money but f**k me they need to spend a bit more than what's been spent this close season.

The Americans are becoming slightly irritating. Just get it done and build what needs to be built FFS.

All the stories that it was approved subject to the conditionals about names etc. Until those conditions are written into legal contracts I cannot see them approving it. 

The new owner saying "I promise I won't do that" won't be acceptable. This is a multi million £ deal. The changes will require parts of the deal to be reworded/additional wording added and potentially re-signed off by the legal teams of both parties again before going back to the SFA and co again. I bet the SFA legal people will then no doubt want time to review again also.

Don't know enough about the SFA/SFA process for approval but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Webb and Saints had to wait multiple weeks after the board meeting to receive in writing the full details of those stipulations. If that is the case it's potentially not moved as far as people hope/expect.

Speculating but the point is... These kinds of things tend not to be quick. Hopefully hear more this week though 🤞

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

6 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I'd also still rather have this than the shitshow at Motherwell.

Glad Webb hasn't signed up to Pie and Bovril.

What a shambles, eh? Had a laugh when he said St Johnstone didn't suit his investment plan.

Aye, that and 19,999,999 other reasons.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Surely the base budget for this season has been set no matter what stage the takeover is at? 

Money is probably only a part of it though. We just aren't an attractive option for a lot of players if they have multiple options.

We got Josh Rae because he knew Mitov was leaving and has seen goalkeepers progress from being at Saints. Who is coaching the keepers at the moment by the way?

Ikpeazu obviously had a relationship with Levein. Sanders and McPake probably couldn't believe their luck.

But look at the mix. Low payers, likely to be in an attritional slog playing defensive football, home pitch turns into a tattie field and the crematorium burner next door has more life in it than the stands. Hardly an inspiring sell.

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

Money is probably only a part of it though. We just aren't an attractive option for a lot of players if they have multiple options.

We got Josh Rae because he knew Mitov was leaving and has seen goalkeepers progress from being at Saints. Who is coaching the keepers at the moment by the way?

Ikpeazu obviously had a relationship with Levein. Sanders and McPake probably couldn't believe their luck.

But look at the mix. Low payers, likely to be in an attritional slog playing defensive football, home pitch turns into a tattie field and the crematorium burner next door has more life in it than the stands. Hardly an inspiring sell.

You're looking at it as someone on a downer from the last three seasons. New recruits won't look at it that way imo. especially if our budget was sorted and we could pay a decent wage. They may have doubts as we're in the middle of a takeover but that's where the new owners being a bit more open would help. I can understand why they aren't but it's frustrating as f**k. 

We know basically f**k all about their plans for the club. It's a shite state of affairs.

1 hour ago, perthsaints99 said:

What a shambles, eh? Had a laugh when he said St Johnstone didn't suit his investment plan.

Aye, that and 19,999,999 other reasons.

🤣In other words he got told to beat it and tried his luck elsewhere. Can't believe a lot of our fans are falling for his shite.

21 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

🤣In other words he got told to beat it and tried his luck elsewhere. Can't believe a lot of our fans are falling for his shite.

Also the fact that he couldn’t afford it! He’s stumping up what 2 million over several years at Motherwell? That doesn’t even buy the amount we’ve got in the bank never mind everything else.