Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Is Aaron Essel the same Ghanaian youth linked with before? 

Aye.

See The Courier reporting he's signed aswell now.

2 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

Have you managed to watch anything of him? It looks like he plays RB in a lot of his YouTube highlights but might just be right of a wide 3.

A wee bit so not really worth judging him on, but I thought he looked a bit away from our level.

Looked good in the clips and think he is maybe one of the better players in the Ghanian league, but not sure he's ready for our league yet. There's miscontrols of the ball, poor touches, and poor passes, that he gets away with there that he won't here.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A wee bit so not really worth judging him on, but I thought he looked a bit away from our level.

Looked good in the clips and think he is maybe one of the better players in the Ghanian league, but not sure he's ready for our league yet. There's miscontrols of the ball, poor touches, and poor passes, that he gets away with there that he won't here.

Sounds more like a long term development and punt for a fee. Interested to see him play. 

A Mrs Cameron is on Twitter following Saints accounts and reposting tweets about him to us, fwiw, so a very decent chance that's actually all signed up.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Sounds more like a long term development and punt for a fee. Interested to see him play. 

Aye think that's it. No idea if Levein has history of developing these types?

Had Prince Buaben in my mind but turns out he spent time at Ajax before joining United 😅

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye think that's it. No idea if Levein has history of developing these types?

Had Prince Buaben in my mind but turns out he spent time at Ajax before joining United 😅

Prince Buaben. What a player. 
Half expected him to turn up to as at some point for an uninspiring 6 months.

Edited by mizfit

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Slight concern from clips I saw was his height. Everything online says he’s about 5’9”? 

8 minutes ago, supersaint44 said:

Slight concern from clips I saw was his height. Everything online says he’s about 5’9”? 

Can't say it was something I noticed tbh, if anything I thought he looked quite tall and maybe too lanky 😅

9 minutes ago, supersaint44 said:

I will trust your research over mine. Sure I’ve made the mistake. 

Honestly I'm thick enough to have watched the wrong player 😂

20 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Crap  and nonsense snp won

Aye, was just going off the "exit poll" that was being reported on the BBC.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, was just going off the "exit poll" that was being reported on the BBC.

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The BBC?

200w(1).gif.53befdbc67c28410b89785416c96652a.gif

FYI the exit poll was a combined effort from all the broadcasters so they all reported the same one. 

It was wrong though. That's mainly because they made little effort in Scotland to get it right and only sent 13 people to poll the whole of Scotland. 

As for Saints. Know very little about either signing other than the internet info from googling but... Welcome to Saints lads! 👍 

In simple terms spending a fee on a potential prospect and bringing in a experienced "leader" type makes sense.